New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since my new garage is just about done I want to replace my current rusty and leaky floor jack, can't have oil stains on the new concrete.
example1
or
example 2
Alum. jacks look really cool and are lighter. I'm just curiuos as to how the different qualities are. I've seen a large spread on pricing for these jacks.
Thanks for any input.

·
So its begun.....
16,842 Posts
The second one resembles the one I have..they are pretty light weight and work very well. :thumbsup:

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
how light and how much? :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
i wish my floro jakc were aluminum... mine is so [censored]ign heavy i hate moving it if i have to lift it at alll... but man is it nice to be able to jack ANYTHING up with it (6 ton capacity i believe)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
how light and how much? :biggrin:

35-50 lbs
anywhere from $100 to $400

Luckily I have a Harbor Frieght store near me so I will go check them out in person. I know they don't have the best quality stuff there.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
I have the Blue-Point RACEJACK requires 7 strokes to attain full height capacity of 17.52 in. Jack features one-piece casting lift arm and rubber bumper on handle bottom to protect vehicle finish. Double knurl top on 2-piece, 47.25 in. long handle helps user maintain grip during operation, and front roller wheel adds to stability. Breather valve prevents hydraulic lock and ensures smooth lifting.

It comes with 2 jack stands also. I love it. Nice low profile gets under the bodykit. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.

Link

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
very nice. The autotech class i take in highschool has these huge ass behmoths of jacks that are like 4-5 feet long and have a surface lifting area of like a 6" diameter. Those biatches are super heavy too! but they can lift up an INSANE amount of weight.

Or you could be cool, and for like 3k dollars get a very nice hydraulic lifting machine :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
A friend of mine has that harbor freight jack. I have the Sears aluminum racing jack and it is awesome. 100 times better. One pump to get it to go all the way up to the bottom of the car and then only a few pumps to lift the car up. Handle also comes apart in the middle for tight spaces and has foam on it so you don't scratch your car. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
I guess it depends for people. Harbor freight has some goooood stuff. I rather have a decent harbor freight torque wrench that has lasted forever than a friggin snap-on torque wrench that only lasted two weeks. DanG knows what im talkin about

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by: Rikenbomb
I came across this on the Jeg's site. This looks like a good deal.

Jeg's Aluminum Racing Jack
Actually I think I'm going to go with Jeg's 2 ton one, a few more dollars to get an extra 1/2 ton of capacity. I have a good chance of using this jack on full size pickup trucks.

I looked at the Harbor Freight ones the other day in person (I have a HF store near me) they look fine. I wasn't impressed w/ the Craftsmen jacks, the #3,000 one has very thin side plates compared to the HF units.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.