New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have expected for the past couple of months my alternator finally kick the bucket. On the plus side I'm glad it happened now because I was planning putting in a sub and amp as soon as I get a day where the temp breaks 40, and I don't want to argue with Ford about it. Since I have a little under a year left on my warranty this should give the new alt. just enough time to prove itself to be good/bad before my warrant is up. I've noticed from most other post if it bad they will fail in under a year.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yep, less than a year. I had an alternator replaced by Ford under warranty and the thing died about 5000 miles later, or about 2 months after I installed my amp/sub. So I had my mechanic put one in and its been good ever since. (about 25,000 miles).

Mike

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
As silly as this sounds....ask them if they have the alt in stock. If they do, ask them when they recieved that particular alt. If they have had that one for more than a few months...ask them to order you a new one. Tell them that you understand that Ford recently changed vendors, and you would like an alt from the new vendor.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would, but I have an appointment for 8:30am tomorrow to have it replaced, and I need this fixed asap. Its my only car, I work two jobs and I am a full time college student waiting is not an option, unfortunately. Hopefully since its the largest ford dealership in Toledo they will have a the newer ones.

Fett do you know who the new vendor is, and can they tell which vendor they came from. Maybe I can request to see if they have the new ones in stock from that vendor.

If not, once it goes out on me in the next couple of months I might have time to request the newer ones then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
No, there really is no way of telling where it came from. They changed vendors a few months back, and for the most part due to lack of avilability on alts during the switch...most places should have new ones by now. I would just ask anyway, you will have better luck. We have seen our alt sales drop hard from a few months ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts