New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALso I found a custom speed shop here in Tampa that manufactures there own alternators 200 amp with a custom blue finish to match my Newly Equipped ford racing engine bay(p[ics to come) for $325.00 . Do you guys thing this is a good price? I thought it was compared to the mechman(over425)plus hes gonna install it for $50.(after reading post looks like opuck puck is the only one who can swap a alt out in reasonable time im out for $50) Can anyone give me some inpuit on this..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
yea but you can't really see the alternator from the top of the engine bay unless you really look down inside for it....besides I think you can get your stock alternator rewound to that amperage for around $100.

Mike

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I had my stock alt rebuilt to stock specks for $170. For the 2001+, thats about the only option since there arent any reasonable replacements avaliable.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STOCK SUCKS!!!!! WHO THE HELL WANTS STOCK IVE ALREADY REPLACED STOCK 16 MONTHS AGO HOW CONVENIENT THE WARRANTY IS FOR 12 MONTHS.. STOCK BLOWS!!!*BUYING BEEFY AMP*

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Damn, dude- Calm down... It's okay.

They meant to get your stock alternator re-wound with better internals, so it won't die inside a year. It doesn't make much sense to pay for a custom-colored alternator when the thing sits so low in the engine compartment that you won't see it without significant amounts of contortion.

You can see how the alternator sits on the motor here:

Better to go for a beefier build for your upgraded audio system rather than a cosmetic solution.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'M cALM HEHE

Prolly never see color amp but it didnt cost anymore was just included in the $325. Dont want a rewound stocker...Already been down that road..*woof*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts