New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey iw as told u can upgrade the wire form the alternator to the batterymso the lights dont dim how does this work someone please tell me

FIzZal

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
you just buy thicker wire. Not sure if that does anything...I did the alternator mod and that fixed my dimming lights beautifully.

Link to Alternator Thread

Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its not only the dimming lights im worrying about i am about to install an insane kicker system and i can only imagine how much of a drain tht is gunna put on my car what do u guys do for yoour system to keep ur lights from dimming wen u system hits or wut not

fizzal

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
capacitor,optima battery and that mod should all help out. feel free to add anything people

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I had all three of those things done when I my Kicker system was in, and sadly to say, the lights still dimmed slightly. The only way to fix that is to buy a stronger alternator. Not sure but I think the group buy for it is still going on.

Mike

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got the same problem and i notice it all the time. So what your saying is I have to buy a stronger alternator in order for them not to dim?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Here some info:

Just do the alternator wire fix and it will be all better. It would be a good idea to upgrade the alternator wire too. But the dimming and strobe effect comes from the stock volt meter(sp?) on the alternator, instead of it being so far away, the fix moves it to the alternator!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.