New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Seen a car painted with it. Looks like crap. Fades really quik no matter how much clear you use.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you serious?! someone actually painted a WHOLE car with this stuff? :rofl: thats great... heh.

the civic they did looked kinda cool - they painted underneath it, and apparently actually looks like neon underbodies.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeh took liek 13 quarts to get the paint to look even. Seems like it was designed more for show cars or things that are not in the sun alot.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah... i can totally see someone doing like... the outline of flames on a PT crusier in this stuff or something...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
My dad sells that stuff at our shop. Doesnt last too long and fades pretty quickly. Not to mention pricey for the amount you get. It works well under a blacklight. Mostly used for stage props and position markers.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, heh thats why i named James at the first post - with his display and all... but i would HOPE he wouldn't put something this tacky on his car :tongue:

·
Registered
410 Posts
glow in the dark white tribal
oooo yeah

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
heh, ya George... this stuff isn't for you, ALTHOUGH your car practically is a spaceship - so why not make it glow like its radioactive too! :biggrin:

i could DEFINTELY see the tribal stuff working though - cause it would be more of an ACCENT than a 'paint job'
as i said - i could definitely see this stuff on a PT crusier - glow in the dark outlined hotrod flames...

if its an outline, especially one as crazy as the tribal stuff you do - i thing it would look pretty trippy! :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I could be a little crazy...but someone painted this stuff on the bottom of a model car...and it looked like neons. You could paint your underbody...and have it glow at night...and maybe it would be legal ???

G

·
Originally posted by: 99Cat
I could be a little crazy...but someone painted this stuff on the bottom of a model car...and it looked like neons. You could paint your underbody...and have it glow at night...and maybe it would be legal ???
Using the logic I think you are going with, it would be legal, at least in Georgia. There would be no "switch" that you can use to switch the neons on and off to cause a flash. Since its a constant it would be legal here at least. But the thing is on a full size car it would probably get torn up and dirty easily if it was a daily driver. But the model car idea is saweeet, i think i may do that

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seriously... a few people on here have duplicate "mini-me" models of their cars (crispy i know does) and i can't think of a diffrent way that she, or anyone else could that 'neon underbody' look on a model car... heh!

- well, short of calling up Excelcier there and having him MAKE tiny led-underbodies :tongue:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
yeah, i can definatly seeit on a PT. my mom has one, and it has a crazy "carbon fiber" design on the side that looks like splatted paint. so if someone outlined flames on a PT, i know it wouldnt look any worse.

heres the ugliness:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott
yeah, i can definatly seeit on a PT. my mom has one, and it has a crazy "carbon fiber" design on the side that looks like splatted paint. so if someone outlined flames on a PT, i know it wouldnt look any worse.

heres the ugliness:
That honestly doesn't look bad at all... needs to be dropped, tho :(

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i dont like it, and everytime i look at it, i want to kick it. i "accidently" hit the front with the riding lawn mower once though (well, it wasnt accidently, but it did happen). and its soooo uncomfortable inside. and if you see the "carbon fiber"/splattered paint on the side up close, it looks so fake it make me hate the car even more! sorry, i hold a prety strong grudge against the car if you cant tell.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok, now that i know someone who HAS bought one... i gotta ask man..
WHY did you mom feel compelled to go out and buy such a rediculous car....van.......whatever it is :tongue:

i hate PT Crusiers along with Asstek's and mini-vans... i can't even being to imagine what people are thinking when they walk into the dealership and say "oh! that one looks nice... being seen in that car would make me proud" seriously... makes me want to --> :banghead:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts