New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alpine cda-9807 ?

I dont want a cheap deck - but I dont need to spend $400 on a deck either.
I just want one that will be able to handle a few subs/amps with good power, look good, easy features
and prolly thinking about hooking up XM satellite radio too

i didnt know if people thought this deck was a good one!

for the price - its the same price at a store around my house - but the price also includes installation
if anyone finds one cheaper let me know!

Click to see info on Alpine CDA-9807

RECOMMENDATIONS ON ANY OTHER KIND OF DECK WOULD BE APPRECIATED TOO

thanks a lot

id like to have this deck in my car by the end of the week or what about the Alpine CDA-7995

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I Have an Alpine CDA-9813 which I love to death. They can be had for about 285 online (300 shipped). I've heard good things about the 9807's as well though. Really though in my opinion any of the Alpine's I like a lot, they put out really good sound.

G

·
I have the equivalent model to the CDA-7995 without mp3 playback and love it. I think it's the cda-7993 but can't be positive off the top of my head. The only difference is mp3's, but I have my mp3 jukebox hooked up through rca's into the back for that. The sound quality is awesome and it's got a lot of power for just a head unit. Without an amp it definitely made my stock speakers sound 10x as good (though I thankfully just switched them out). And it's got a lot of nice features, good eq, and the motorized angled face I actually really like. It's not necessary, but it makes seeing the stereo a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmmmmm

im just used to Clarion decks - never owned anything else - love them, but not a lot of places sell them around me anymore

i havent been able to find the 7885 around me - and would prolly have to buy it online, which i really dont want to do.....

can anyone compare the differences between the 2 and tell me if the 7885 is really worth it?

thanks

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
You can buy all those decks off Ebay for much cheaper than Crutchfield. All you have to do is find a reputable seller, like a power seller with thousands of feedback to get it from. Some even offer warranties on the decks. I've bought almost all my car audio off ebay and always pay less for it than I would have if I had gone to a store. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Def. EBAY it up... best deals anywhere!

EDIT: Forget ebay... for some reason that 7995 is really cheap on Crutchfield... not to mention FREE SHIPPING!!!

Don't hesitate... this is for u :)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Crutchfield is such a ripoff

The CDA-9807 came out early this year or I think late '02 and CDA-7995 just hit the market
So therefore there should be at least a $100 difference

I had the CDA-9807 early this year for about $250
It was a great HU - you get more for the money the only thing that I didnt like about it was the display.
The song titles were displayed like in clock radio figures (if you know what I mean)

The CDA-7995 has a better resolution more graphics and smoother but has the same features as the 9807
I would presonally get the CDA-7995 for the eye candy

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not buying anything off Crutchfield -- unless its the 7995 (since you guys seem to think thats a really good price)

i just linked it to that site b/c they showed good information.

as for the display - dont matter to me
i picked the 9807 b/c it was silver with bright blue buttons -- i didnt want green buttons

ill definitly try to hit up Ebay -- b/c I know at least that Slockin said he would help me install the deck!!

my only question right now about the 7995 is this:
requires external amplifiers — no built-in amp

and with the 9807:
MOSFET internal amp

whats the difference here? dont i want it to have an amp

and i liked the 9807 b/c i could just insert the CD
2 friends of mine that work at shops said alpines with a flip down face seem to break, which the 7995 has.

off topic - is pioneer a better deck than alpine - or should i stick with alpine?

·
Registered
330 Posts
i have the 9807 and love it but am disapointed cause there is no guy riding in a car but i love turning up and down my subs its great

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but am disapointed cause there is no guy riding in a car
what the heck are you talking about???? :confused:
you lost me on that comment

on ebay looks like i can get the 9807 from betwee $100-$210 (saving me $80 from a store)
and with the 7995 about the same price on crutchfield - give or take $20, but id get a 1 year warranty with crutchfield and get it within 3 days

looks like on the 7995 between $15-$28 on shipping
for the 9807 $22-28 on shipping

so if i buy the 9807 - i should buy it off Ebay - Ill save more $$$ either way
but if i buy the 7995 - looks like i should actually get it from crutchfield so i dont have to pay the $30 in shipping

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I cant decide???????????
do i want to spend $220 or $300?????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
hmm I cant belive I missed this 7995 "requires external amplifiers — no built-in amp"
Thats a first

Go get the 9807!

Pioneer - to me its very confusing it has SO MANY features, like a mini computer to fine tune your music just perfect

·
Registered
330 Posts
Jenna J----my friend has a pioneer player and on the display a guy drives around a vertual city or on a skate board and it's cool to look at....sorry should have specified

G

·
yes, 7995 has no internal amp, but i dont think she's worried about that...
i would definately go with 7995...that was my first choice until i got a great deal on Eclipse 5423...
and get it from Crutchfield... they give you bunch of free stuff plus free shipping!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i bought this one on ebay wednesday

didnt hear from anyone and i wanted it shipped and to me next week - couldnt wait much longer

im sure it will be great though - i really didnt want to spend $300 anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts