New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the best place to get a nice alarm, with the pager option if possible for a reasonable price?? anyone?? thx

G

·
I got mine from a local shop

I have the Compustar system with everything.

It has a small area on the windshield where you can tap on to page me , up 2 miles away at full battery.

Just dont tell people about it at Cougarfest or Bash, cause theyll tap on it while you're sleeping and make you get out of bed in a violent tantrum :mad:

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Just dont tell people about it at Cougarfest or Bash, cause theyll tap on it while you're sleeping and make you get out of bed in a violent tantrum :mad:
:rofl: do you know about this from experiance??

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i found a site with a alarm simliar to one i was thinking off but its an off brand (i think) so i dunno. its on www.ikesound.com its an autopage rs750lcd anyone have this or can tell me if i should go with it?? thanks

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
if you tap on any windshield by the vin number on a car with and after market alarm it will page you one way or another...hehe...hopefully you get a silent page..i know mine doesnt page very silently..not so much a page as it is a blistering whining siren..hehe..the glass is the most sensitive spot on your car...will be the first thing to set off the shock sensor..

to get back on topic i would say check out some of the alarms on ebay...you can get some nice clifford and viper ones there there are also other brands that have pagers..and you will likely get it cheaper on ebay...just make sure it is new in a factory sealed box and not a used one...any good installer will know how to put it in..

Cougar is a serious pain in the @$$ for after market alarm install though and they are going to charge extra for bypassing the PATS system..just keep that in mind when you go to get a quote or install..make sure the guy knows about PATS and how to treat it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts