New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of getting this unit. I've heard that it doesn't like directories on the CD. Is this true? How hard is it to get around the cd. (for example: If I wanted to get to a song by zz top, which would wind up at the end of the cd. Also, would you buy this unit again and why?

Thank you!

G

·
I have the MP3 player

And I like it. It does use directories and navigation is alright.
I normally have 6 directories for 6 different types of music. I try to keep the number of songs in each directory small. I can put 150+ songs on a 650mb CD and it sucks if you put them all in no directory and you wanna listen to number 75.. You have to hit the button 75 times to get there.. or hit shuffle and hope for the best.

Good Deck.. I would buy one again. They have a few problems .. But its worth it.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I have this headunit in my cougar and in my SUV and I love it except like the other guy said, if you have 75 songs in a directory, you have to go 75 songs to hear it... I usually make a big cd and just hit random!

G

·
I just got the Kenwood deck today, the KDC MP 8017... and I love it.

My only stink with it is the buttons are too small, but I can buy the optional remote...

I like the face hiding feature, so I don't have to carry the thing with me.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I really liked this deck because of the steeringwheel remote. Actually, I didn't know that the kenwood could have a remote. Maybe I should reconsider.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The Kenwood unit is really nice. I have the z828, and it has a remote, is sirrus satelite capable, can use a steering wheel remote, a H.U.D, and many other cool little options. With the remote you can directly access any song by punching in it's track number. It's about $600, and one of the nicest looking I've ever seen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.