New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am removing my airbags tommorrow and need some guidance. I'm hoping someone with a repair CD can give me the directions from the cd via email or post them.

Does anyone know what kind of bolt (phillips, regular, star, hex?) holds the drivers side airbag on and which of the bolts i need to take out. There are three per side, but the back of the airbag only has one per side. I'm assuming it is the middle one.

Any one know how to get the passenger side airbag out?

Does anyone know where the interior airbag sensor is located?

Does anyone know where the airbag module is located??

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
The airbag information on my 2001 CD is sketchy... so I'm not going to post something that won' t be helpful, but I just wanted to tell you to make sure you disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected at least 5 minutes prior to even touching anything with the airbags... and the module for the driver is in the wheel, and the passenger is directly under the door - you may be able to reach it from the glove box.

Can I ask why you are doing this, instead of going to the dealership? This may be like committing suicide if just the littlest thing is wrong with your install...

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats an easy question. I'm poor and cannot afford to have it done by a dealersip. I already have my airbags and I need to get them in so I can cash my insurance check and pay my damn rent and get some food.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I recieved my Ford CD today and looked up the airbags. I don't know why everyone is so worried about doing this yourself. It sounds really easy. Why pay 400 bones to have some crackhead at Ford do it the same way you can do it yourself. Makes no sense to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts