New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving the other day when my airbag light came on and started blinking. I was only going about 5 min. away, so I drove carefully. 3 hours later, I started the car and the light was off. It hasn't been back on since, but I'm getting it checked out at the dealer anyway. Should I worry about this? I don't anything to explode on me while driving.

Also, this morning when my mom went out to warm up my car for me, she shut the door (doors were unlocked at this time) and went inside. She came back out to see why the windows weren't defrosting and the doors had locked! This has happened to me before. Luckily, there is a small gap in the driver's side window between the glass and rubber where my brother fit a hanger in and latched it onto the handle. What could this be, and can it be fixed, and is it even worth trying?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The airbag light... if it was early in the morning sometimes condensation plays with the sensor. Mine does it from time to time... not often enough to worry about. Keep an eye on it... if it does it daily or even weekly then get it checked out.

As for the door locking, it is all too easy to bump the lock near the door handle. This happened to me at a car wash.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had this problam too. It happened last Monday morning on the way to school, after my class I went out to the parking lot, started the engine and it was fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts