New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my dash, but I cant get the top right air vent out, and the way top right side window defroster out. . . any help? Please! I am 'saposed to bring them in TOMARROW for paint . . .

Kyle

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have my air vents painted and the dealer has to take those 2 out. Unless you can take the dash apart without setting the pass airbag off.. It dont take long, I would just rather let them do it instead of me so if somethin happends they can fix it too..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Okay I assume that you are talking about the passenger side vent... here is what you need to do....

Take a flathead screwdriver and look at your vent as if it is a clock.. take the screwdriver and insert it at the 5'o clock and 7' o clock positions... there are 2 tabs there that you will need to depress, once that is done the vent will pop right out. once you paint it just simply push it back in, do not worry about hurting the dash when you are prying the vinyl will just snap back into place later.. Also, use the largest flathead you own, the fatter the head the easier it is to depress the tabs.

This post will be added to the FAQ section too seeing that either myself or Carckck has helped millions of times on this question.

BTW- Carchk is the dash master.. she was the one who answered all my questions prior to taking my own dash apart 6 times now... hehe THANKS SENSI HEATHER!

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
the little top defroster vent is hard... you have to remove that one from below seeing that there is a screw inside that is mounted to the dash itself.. you must remove the glove box and then tackle it... I just pried mine out and I don't recommend you do it seeing that I have that vents tubing sitting in my garage now that someday I will have to re-attach.. heheh unless you do the vent the correct way its a pain in the ass...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.