New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. I am in a tight spot and I need this to go soon.

I've decided to try something new. I have 100 tickets at $15.00 a piece.

After all 100 are sold I will put the names of who received the tickets on 100 tickets and put them in a bowl. I will then stir it up and draw out a name. Whoever I draw will get the kit shipped to their door and be the new owner.

If you live outside the United States then you will have to pay the cost of shipping that is more than $200.00.

The drawing will be videotaped and posted so everyone can see that this is legit. Anyone that is close to me and wants to watch the drawing is more than welcome. This is no scam people I just need to get the money back on this.

I think 15 bucks is cheap enough to get 100 people in on this. You can install the kit, sell the kit, burn it, break it, hell I don't care. 15 bucks though is definately a deal!!

Just send the 15.00 donation to my paypal account [email protected] and post your name as being paid. I will check the account daily and update this post with a current list of those who have paid.

If it goes over 100 before I update the list then those couple extra are still in. If you pay after the list is updated then you are a [email protected] but will get a refund. If it becomes apparent that noone else wants in but 100 haven't sold I will make a decision whether I want to let it go at that price or give everyone who paid a FULL refund.

Any amount left over after paying for the kit, pay for shipping, and cover paypal expenses will be donated to cougar fest 2008.

Any questions?

Link to thread I purchased it from

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
A lot of people are looking but noone is saying anything.

I forgot to mention what it comes with.

Kit includes:

4 struts with bags attached
one 8 gallon tank
2 viair 450 compressors
1/2" lines with 3/4" valves
struts from KMWperformance
wiring and relays

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay a little info about me:

I have been on these boards a lot longer than most people here. I've been around since late 2001 IIRC.

I've bought and sold plenty of things on this site, but most of them haven't been reported or were deleted. Do a search in the feed back section. Here is my ebay name too:
eBay My World - rodneybur

I've met a few people around the cincinnati area, but haven't been to any large meets.

I commonly troll CEG also.

I can also provide my adress and phone # to a mod if they don't have it already. I'd prefer not to post it out in the open.

Like I said before, the drawing will be videotaped to remove all doubt that there was a drawing and the honesty of this transaction. Any member is welcome to come to my house and watch the drawing.

Nothing to be skeptical about. Its all legit.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if i had paypal i would hit this up, if not to own but to resell

I can also take a money order or cash if you want to mail it out. Same deal, just pm me for my info and post a message that you mailed out the check.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I've met a few people around the cincinnati area, but haven't been to any large meets.
yes he is a good guy, and i've met/ hung out w/ him on several occasions. from conversations w/ him regarding this suspension, i can verify that this isn't just some scam to screw anyone. he just changed his mind a little after he bought this stuff. any ways, he's a good guy and i've dealt w/ him and had absolutely no problems. if i was going to get an air-ride i'd jump all over this.

Like I said before, the drawing will be videotaped to remove all doubt that there was a drawing and the honesty of this transaction. Any member is welcome to come to my house and watch the drawing.
OH OH OH, can i come be Vanna White and draw the winner??? :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
100% right. Shipping is included in the continental U.S. I will not pm the winner and ask for more money. Everything is included, shipping packaging, and handling!! ... unless outside the U.S.

A potential buyer in Australia had asked my to get a shipping quote for him and it turned out to be 1000.00 bucks through UPS. It is not cheap to ship this outside the U.S. It way nearly 200 pounds!!!

I paid 1200 for the kit. I am estimating that paypal fees will be about 50 bucks (3%) and shipping will be about 150-200. I will take the 1200 I paid for the kit. Payfor shipping. and the remaining amount will be donated to cougarfest. Any additional shipping costs (withing continental US) above my estimate will come out of my cut. If you live close I will hand deliver to your door.

I am not looking to make anymoney, just want my cash back.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
so what if not 100 people put in $15 and what do the people that DID put in $15 do about their cash?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Two questions:

1. are you licensed by the State of Ohio to run a lottery ?

2. do you know the penalty for conducting an unlicensed lottery ?

if the answer to either of the above questions is no, i suggest that you check that out before you solicit or accept any funds and determine if you think the risk is worth the penalty...

just my .02

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Two questions:

1. are you licensed by the State of Ohio to run a lottery ?

2. do you know the penalty for conducting an unlicensed lottery ?

if the answer to either of the above questions is no, i suggest that you check that out before you solicit or accept any funds and determine if you think the risk is worth the penalty...

just my .02

I live in Kentucky and I have applied for a state charitable organization liscense.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so what if not 100 people put in $15 and what do the people that DID put in $15 do about their cash?
If it appears that we won't reach 100 then I would make the decision whether or not to do the drawing. If I didn't do the drawing there would be a 100% refund.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I live in Kentucky and I have applied for a state charitable organization liscense.
even assuming you qualify as a charity and have filed the proper paperwork with the state and the IRS and have been APPROVED, do you really think that allows you to solicit funds in Ohio or any other state ?

you might want to call this number: 800-686-4208 ext.4.

or this number: 513 562-5720

can't say i didn't try to warn you.....

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
even assuming you qualify as a charity and have filed the proper paperwork with the state and the IRS and have been APPROVED, do you really think that allows you to solicit funds in Ohio or any other state ?

you might want to call this number: 800-686-4208 ext.4.

or this number: 513 562-5720

can't say i didn't try to warn you.....
Kentucky allows tickets to be sold online.

·
Registered
164 Posts
look, do what you want, but if you sell or solicit in Ohio, you are subject to Ohio laws. If you sell or solicit across state lines federal laws apply.

So please don't consider this to be an invitation to debate the issue. I know what i am talking about ...trust me !

peace out...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
well if u want to get technical about it, all of the for sale deals then would need to b regulated by some governing body for taxes and other federal regulations dealing with inter-state transactions. plus there's only a couple people here, if any, that are registered businesses that can sell things. being this is an online club, i don't think we really need to get into all that legal stuff. plus what would u say about the cougarfest raffles? people buy tickets online through paypal and the whole raffle is internet-based and no governing bodies get involved.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts