New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
This is an easy one. You can tap the wire feeding the ecu just like the Apexi Safc does (I did this today along with my apexi) Go to www.contour.org then click on how-to's. Select the Apexi how-to and it'll show a diagram and instructions for taping the wire. Or you could tape the signal wire from an O2 sensor. I prefer the ecu wire tho.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Before you start unplug your negative battery terminal.

Your going to actually have to run the actually purple wire (if it's an autometer air/fuel guage, I know it's purple) into your PCM (Power Control Module). This is located under your power steering resevoir. Pull it out and to the side, it's not bolted in. Your going to need a 10mm metric socket for the bolt on the PCM itself. Unbolt this. Pull it out and take the black plastic covering off of it (4 lil clips, very easy.) Now, to make life easy, it'll be a white with red or white with blue wire. (I have a 2000 and mine was white with blue.) It'll be wire #35. Not all the little wires are number (only the sides of the rows), so simply count. Take your wire and tap the purple wire into it. (I used a T-Connector, works fine and has held on great.) Put everything back together obviously.

Now, the rest is easy. Simply find a good ground for your guage (I took one off under the steering wheel while I was under there), give it a 12v source (if it has lights, I just wired it into the headlights. I forgot what wire I used, it was on the bottom row. I just kept sticking it in the headlight wiring harness until I had one.) and that should be it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.