New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at the post on here about the air/fuel gauge but I cant get the pictures to show up and I would also like someone to explain to me how to install this gauge. If anyone can help it would be great thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info but it still didnt help. I need someone to in detail explain to me where to find the wire and stuff. I tried tapping into numerous o2 wires but none of them were the right one. Could someone please help me Im desperate for help. Thank you

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: NECOPhenix
I WAS TOLD THE WHITE WIRE WITH THE BLUE LEAD WAS THE ONE ...
That is not helpful - there are a couple white with blue lead wires on the ECU. There are people that have also tapped the white with red lead, which is the other bank.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
The only wire you'll have "trouble" with is the violet wire that comes off the A/F Guage itself. You need to tap it to wire #35 coming off the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). The PCM is located behind and under your Power Steering Reservoir (just lift that up and out of the way, its not bolted on). Then disconnect the wiring harness from the PCM. On the side of the harness, you'll notice little numbers. Find the number that wire #35 runs off (should be white with a red stripe, but it could be white with a blue stripe) and double check to make sure its the correct wire. Simply tap that wire with the vilot wire, and you've got it. Now run your ground (easy). Then tap your power wire to a 12volt wire that comes on with the ignition (use a 12volt tester to find that).

Then your done. Enjoy!
Darrell.

·
Registered
802 Posts
terrets said:
i have to admit atlas that was explained beautifully:thumbsup:
I agree. I didn't realize how easy it would be. I was thinking about oil pressure where you'd have to mount a sending unit and then run lines. A/F is much easier. And thanks NadThomas for linking me here!

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have mine hooked up now and its all over the place. it never stays one or the other. And its almost never stoich unless when its going from one to the other.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
That's how o2's work. Ranging from 0.1 volt to 1.0 volt. If the light doesn't move, something's wrong.

·
Registered
802 Posts
RiverRojo said:
That's how o2's work. Ranging from 0.1 volt to 1.0 volt. If the light doesn't move, something's wrong.
Well then I guess I did it right. But should it go a certain way on WOT and then when you let off to the other side? Also now that I realized my a/f isn't messed up my car has started missing like crazy. It was pretty bad before but now holy ****. If I ever give it gas below like 1,500rpms it just sputters and sounds like ****. It's still very driveable but damnit I thought I had most of the problems fixed...I guess not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well then I guess I did it right. But should it go a certain way on WOT and then when you let off to the other side? Also now that I realized my a/f isn't messed up my car has started missing like crazy. It was pretty bad before but now holy ****. If I ever give it gas below like 1,500rpms it just sputters and sounds like ****. It's still very driveable but damnit I thought I had most of the problems fixed...I guess not.
sorry for a late post to this i put my a/f wire into the lime green wire on my o2 sensor works fine shifts left to right like a yoyo but when she's under full revs(racing her) she goes into the green which is lean but when i come back off and let her relax we are back to the yoyo but sometimes it stays still usally after i have hit a few potholes:facepalm:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.