New Cougar Forum banner

Aiming Fog Lights

540 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Scudrunner 
G
#1 ·
Does anybody know if you can aim up the fog lights on a 99 cougar?
The way they are aimed from the factory provides little additional
light when the head lights are on.
Thanks!!!!!!!!:beer:

#3 ·
You can't. The foglight housing is barely held in place as it is. The housing is held in my a tab on the outer corner, and a single screw on the end closest to the middle of the car. No matter how tight you make the screw, the housing still has some play in it.

#4 ·
I've got a 2000 and I've adjusted mine. If you reach up from behind the fog light, from underneath the car you'll find a nylon screw about the size of a nickel that has teeth on it. If you rotate it, it will adjust the light beam up or down. As Fett mentioned, the entire housing does wiggle however. If you have trouble locating the screw, take off the fog light housing by removing the part of the grill that hides the housing screw. Unscrew it and pull out on the end of the foglight housing. The smaller end of the housing, closest to the wheel, has a small tab that holds it into the bumper. The adjusting screw is on the back of the foglight itself. Hope this helps. :)

#6 ·
Bob,
That's correct. It turns both ways, one way is up the other down. (Don't remember which is what however :flushed::( )

Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.