New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was with my girlfriend and we were driving to the mall and there was this honda civic with euro tails in the lane next to me, I didn't think anything of it. I was in the left lane and he was in the center lane and the mall was on the right coming up so I was trying to get over but this [censored] starts speeding up thinking I am racing or something..... I put my turn signal on and floor it because the entrance to the mall was coming up so he floors it after I am half way in the center lane! I pound my horn at him as he goes around me into the right lane and that dude just really pissed me off so I just had to floor it into the right lane and I was tailgating him seriously about an inch away from his car, then he cuts infront of this person in the center lane almost hitting them and I was just glad that I released most of my anger by tailgating. I hate people who try to race you when there are about a billion cars on the road or just try to race you period! :banghead:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I would've just slowed down put my turn signal on and got behind
him then got over again to the right lane and turn into the mall.:shrug:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Originally posted by: gyger
Thats what we call to easy!

I dunno maybe he was trying to piss you off. I do it all the time in my DSM... someone takes the [censored] lane aka the lane that ends and merges into my lane... lol right your going to out launch the AWD DSM.. lol anyway.. I just keep it even the hole time, watch them nail the brakes to avoid wrecking their [censored], always puts a smile on my face.

if I have to turn I always drop behind the person beside me, no reason to speed up to the turn.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't brake and wait because there was a whole line of cars behind him and I naturally took to the first gap I saw.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hate when people act like a**es in their cars but wouldn't have the b*lls to pull that crap within arms reach.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Which mall traffic were you dealing with, Prices Corner or Christiana. I know both of them are hard to get into when you're dealing with all of those f'n ricers. It seems like that Delaware is full of them. I live In PA just over the border and I'm always in DE. Too many people with cars that think they are fast just because it says Honda on it or that it has a huge fart can on it.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Originally posted by: Prez
lol right your going to out launch the AWD DSM.. l.
I thought AWD arent all that great from a roll?:shrug:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Originally posted by: buffdaddy17
Originally posted by: Prez
lol right your going to out launch the AWD DSM.. l.
I thought AWD arent all that great from a roll?:shrug:
I take out my buddies SVT Tour from a roll. It's all about getting the turbo to spool. I find that if I need to launch on some one from a roll.

1. Push Clutch in while in 2nd gear.
2. Bring RPM's to 5500
3. Slip/Drop... SLIP the key word, and hold on cause this mother is ganna grab.

2nd and 3rd are strong gears in these DSM's the secret is having a clutch that can hold it! :)

That can all be done in the matter of a little of a second and any distance the other car gained in that time will be gone very soon. Don't let AWD fool you. All it takes is some cheap mods and it will be just as good from a roll unless of course your going up against a FWD Turbo DSM now those things are TERRORs from a roll. Only car I have ever loss to from a roll. Modded FWD DSM's are VERY fast from a roll.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i would of either 1) BEAT HIM when I tried to get ahead of him or 2) Tell my g/f to flash her boobies (she wouldnt) but... :biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts