New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing? If I have to have my rear bumper replaced due to todays accident, maybe it would be cool to replace it with something different from stock.

G

·
if you mean the actuall white plastic bumper behind the fibreglass, then im not sure. but if your talking about the rear bumper (that you see) street weapon is the only company to my knowledge that makes a full bumper for our cars. and it looks tight as ****. heres an unpainted picBumper

·
Registered
75 Posts
Fett,

The Street Weapon kit has a full fiberglass back bumper that is fairly easy to install. That's the only one i know of as far as aftermarket "full bumpers" and the SW bumper looks pretty sharp.

Street Weapon could probably manufacture it for you, although someone is selling the kit here on the boards...

-drew-

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, that looks sweet. But it would look silly without the rest of the kit. I was thinking that instead of fixing my Cougar with a stock bumper the body shop that fixes it could replace it with a nice aftermarket one instead. I assume that a stock bumper and an aftermarket one would be about the same price.

But again it would look silly as hell when the rest of the car is stock. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard you the first time.

I would do that, but I highly doubt they will go for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You never know dude. Obviously, from reading about your incident (so sorry by the way) on I-95 (great racing road though), you still don't have the insurance details worked out. It might actually be cheaper to put the kit on...and put some cash in your pocket (depending on the amount of the claim; if the claim was over $2500, this might be a great option; 750 for the kit, then to get it put on/painted..you might have $1000 in your pocket). The SW kit overall is sweet as hell.

But I would find out who's paying for what.

In retrospect, the SW bumper would look kinda strange without the front and the skirts...

Ok..that's just my $0.02. I have to go now..i'm tired. i writing in too many ().

L8er

-drew-

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Drew, you are right. But I only have to pay the deductable, which I should get back when my insurance company sues and has this kids wages garnished.
So this time it is a lot cheaper to just go with stock and only pay the deductable. The place I took my car did tell me that they could replace it with aftermarket stuff, but any cost that goes over the stock parts would come out of my pocket. So actually if I did just give them the extra cash for a body kit they would have painted it for free.

But I didn't think of that in time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.