New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
My 2000 2.5 MTX came with no Cruise Control option, I know, it sucks.
I was wondering if any of you guys have ideas/experience on what it would be like to install one? Seems like parts are available on the web. Thanks.

·
Registered
511 Posts
When I had my focus I had Audio Express install an aftermarket cruise control on it. Worked pretty well and I guess if you dont mind splice into wires under the steering wheel you could do it yourself.

·
Registered
787 Posts
:confused:
My 2000 2.5 MTX came with no Cruise Control option, I know, it sucks.
I was wondering if any of you guys have ideas/experience on what it would be like to install one? Seems like parts are available on the web. Thanks.
I added an OEM cruise control to my Cougar which also didn't come with the convenience package (included cruise, keyless, and rear wiper).

Here's my thread on the topic: http://www.newcougar.org/forums/audio-electrical/125110-added-factory-cruise-control.html

I might even have some parts laying around if you're interested in going that route.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just finished upgrading my MTX in the UK, used all Ford stuff from the ATX (steering wheel and servo) and the mondeo (UK car) (pedal switches) all wiring on ours is already there, just plug n play :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
the cruise cables are different between the atx and mtx, just something to keep in mind. it should be easy enough for you to "source a kit" from any junkyard and relatively straight forward to install yourself. if you have questions, there are a number of us on the board that can be helpful with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.