New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scouted around on the board a bit and only found a few posts talking about purchasing and installing an aftermarket shifter head. ATX. Im sure weve got folks who have done it. How hard was it or was it hard at all. And is there any particular brand that was less painfull to install? They sell alot of them and Im sure they all wont fit without major heartache for some.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I understand, just about any knob will work as long as it specifies for an ATX. There are two general styles, the fixed knob with a push button on top for the park release, and the push down knob type with no buttons. Here's a pic of mine with the push down type. All are very easy to install once the factory one is removed. There is a good how-to on removal, try a search for ATX, it should come up.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Click Here for a pic of my ATX shifter, then scroll down you'll see it on the bottom left. I think there was a group buy on this shifter a couple months ago, they are made by Levoc and if you are interested they have some other styles including mine at www.napolex.com. They are normally priced around $90.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts