New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have several issues maybe someone can help with some or all, first off thank you.. I can not find any 18x8 4x108 rims period...and if I do there ugly as hell. 2) Unfortunately SVT parts are zilch in my area and when I did find a SVT in the junkyard I started messin with it and actually started the motor in the junkyard now they wont sell me the parts lol any ideas? 3) Recently took apart entire upper and lower intake and cleaned out 20 years of carbon and rebuilt IMRC because car was runnin like dodo also added all new hoses, pvc valve, all new vacuum lines, etc. Added intake and PCR chip but still really no gains except stock. Any help would be grateful thanks for reading all this.

·
Administrator
15,431 Posts
Your location and some details on your car would help: I'm assuming it's a 2.5 since you're looking for SVT parts. Auto or manual transaxle? Miles? Year?

I have no idea what a PCR chip is, but adding a hot air intake isn't really going to give you any noticeable gains. The SVT upgrades and headers will give you the best "butt dyno" gains. If the car is an automatic the gains will be quite a bit more limited than they would be on a manual car.

The SVT Contour groups on Facebook are a good source of used SVT parts. These days they're pretty affordable as there isn't as much demand as there used to be.

4x108 wasn't a super popular bolt pattern. Ebay is probably your best bet for wheels unless you get something custom drilled.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly, I would look at Europe. Plenty of solid aftermarket wheel options, like these:

I picked up upper/lower ST200 intake w/throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, extra vacuum tubing, extra IAC for $250 shipped from the UK.

US side, TCE Performance (Contour and Cougar - Kits) still offers brake kits, although he isn't keeping shelf stock any longer so you'll have to wait for production. I got mine in a week and a half.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Honestly, I would look at Europe. Plenty of solid aftermarket wheel options, like these:

I picked up upper/lower ST200 intake w/throttle body, fuel rails, injectors, extra vacuum tubing, extra IAC for $250 shipped from the UK.

US side, TCE Performance (Contour and Cougar - Kits) still offers brake kits, although he isn't keeping shelf stock any longer so you'll have to wait for production. I got mine in a week and a half.
Looking forward to seeing this car again, it was already in great shape and I know you had big plans. Hopefully we can get a fest together this year.

For the OP; Aftermarket has always been limited for these cars, but there are still options out there depending on your goals. Read through all the pinned threads in the various subforums, then think about where you want to focus your efforts, then ask your specific questions and we can probably point you down the right path.

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
I have an
svt upper, $100
a weapon r intake, $50
and i just found material for one of my rear strut tower braces(this would be the last one i ever make) $60

plus shipping if youre interesting

i should probably make a for sale post with all my stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts