1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Ask yourself, "What do I want an Alarm for?" The cool beeps or chirps? To keep your girlfriend from driving your car!:rofl:

Personally, I don't think alarms do anything. I was talked into getting buying the top of the line alarm with every option available. You name it, it had it. I still had my $6000 stereo system ripped off 6 months later. Everything except the speakers, and some wires! They took the Headunit, CD Changer, eq, cross over, 4 Amps, and bunch of other goodies.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Just get an alarm with the 2-way paging system. That and a CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit). ;)

Seriously, though, I've never seen an alarm stop a pro thief. There's always the quick trick of blowing your fuses from outside the car, and then the alarm is useless. That or I've seen people break a window, pop the hood, and take off the battery cable faster than the alarm can make a few squeaks. Best bet, park in a garage at night, and never take the car to the movies, mall, or anywhere where it'll be left out of your sight for long periods of time. (Parking in heavy traffic areas, helps, somewhat, since thieves like dark, quiet areas, opposed to well lit, busy areas.) In the end, common sense wins.

E1

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
I agree with you john. I made the all those mistakes. I parked in a underground parking garage, at the mall, while I went to the theater, with the hottest chick you could imagine. Sorry I had to throw that in. :rofl: They smashed the window, poped the hood. I had the siren that had a battery in it so even if you cut the wire right up to the siren it would still go off. they just ripped it out and tossed it away. I had a back up siren they cut before hand. If they want to break into your car they will. I thought about leaving a Pit bull in my car, but the humane society tends to frown upon that kind of thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by: EternalOne
Just get an alarm with the 2-way paging system. That and a CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit). ;)
WATCH THE VIDEOS THIS THREAD IS SUPOSE TO BE A JOKe. but no one is getting it. as for the CCW (carrying a concealed weapon) im not 21 yet (will be in April...im the baby here) but im getting on the day of my bday and going to cabelas and buying a new hand gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.