New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After days of waiting for my new 8pc wide body kit to arrive it finally showed up today.:biggrin: Here are a few pictures. After a looking over the kit I noticed the front bumper was damaged.:banghead: I was a little upset but it’s an easy fix so I’m not worried. I found a body shop that is willing to do all the work for me and quoted me a price for 800$.:goofy: Anyone think I can get a better deal or is this a fair price. What’s the average priced everyone has paid for the installation of this kit ? I love the kit but I’m thinking that I want a more aggressive front bumper. I’m Considering buying Aerogear X-treme Body front bumper.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
did u get the flares also? is the shop going to mold in the flares and sides? it sounds like a decent quote. hopefully u dont get what u paid for and its good quality

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
That front looks messed up. Is that fiberglass :confused: for some reason the damage looks more plastic then fiberglass... maybe that new flex fiber. Oooo :rofl:

N

·
0 Posts
Dont feel bad, Ive ordered two Millenium Kits, and both had at least one part that was damaged. That's freight for you though.

Good luck with installation costs, because I spent slighty over 5g's to have mine done. A good bit was paint costs though since I went with a Lexus paint code. But you can tell with Millenium kits who didnt pay much for install, because it looks horrible.

Did you not buy flares?

·
She purrs ;)
2,874 Posts
800 seems a bit low... but like Nemesis said, you will get what you paid for...
(but sometimes, you will find you a decent shop that will do it for cheap.)

wheres the flare?

N

·
0 Posts
Here, take a look.

For test fitting purposes, we were able to see how sh1tty the flares matched up to the side skirts and front bumper. The flares were warped as well.

Then after tons of work it turned into this...

Attachments

N

·
0 Posts
BTW: I see you have in your location that you are in Orlando and Atlanta? Are you in Atlanta currently?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Lovin the kit man, gonna look really good when its done. Always a fan of a widebody bodykit. If i had more money I would get a widebody. g-luck with it

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Here is what I'm going to go ahead and assume since he isn't responding..
He's not getting the flares and he's not getting the kit molded on.
The 800 is just to fix the damage, paint it, and install it.. $800 sounds about right for all that. Maybe they are just going to flatten the part where it starts to flare in the bumpers.
Maybe they didn't realize they'd have to and just gave a rough estimate.
A lot of shops that haven't done something like this before have no idea what they are getting into.
IOW.. BE CAREFUL

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Yeah honestly I don't know of a good shop that would quote a real price with out actually seeing the kit so, like Tad said, they know what they're gettin into.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
you whould have seen the flares Krazy Kustomz sent me for my tC... yours are nothing george.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tad said:
Here is what I'm going to go ahead and assume since he isn't responding..
He's not getting the flares and he's not getting the kit molded on.
The 800 is just to fix the damage, paint it, and install it.. $800 sounds about right for all that. Maybe they are just going to flatten the part where it starts to flare in the bumpers.
Maybe they didn't realize they'd have to and just gave a rough estimate.
A lot of shops that haven't done something like this before have no idea what they are getting into.
IOW.. BE CAREFUL
lol.... I got the full kit all 8pc but I didn’t open the Flares. So I didn’t include them in my pictures I figured that 800$ was a little low but I have seen this guys work. He hooked up all my buddies cars and did great work. I’m Based in Atlanta, Ga but I go back and forth between Orlando and Atlanta (college) I’m still waiting for my Predator fiber glass hood to arrive then I will drop it all off at the Body shop in Wood Stock. (for all you locals) I will post more pictures Asap after I get the finished product back

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nemesis I’m currently in Atlanta for the next 4weeks then I’m headed back to Orlando. Funny thing is we met before:crazy: back in January when I first got the Cougar. We had a meet behind Marshals. Yup you took lotz of pictures.

Yea the price 800 is hella cheap but hes aware that it all has to be molded and I explained how I wanted the finish product to look. Yea and like I said before hes does custom body work for me and all of my buddies so I’m assuming that he gave me a discounted price

N

·
0 Posts
Southsidecougar said:
Nemesis I’m currently in Atlanta for the next 4weeks then I’m headed back to Orlando. Funny thing is we met before:crazy: back in January when I first got the Cougar. We had a meet behind Marshals. Yup you took lotz of pictures.

Yea the price 800 is hella cheap but hes aware that it all has to be molded and I explained how I wanted the finish product to look. Yea and like I said before hes does custom body work for me and all of my buddies so I’m assuming that he gave me a discounted price

Oh damn that was you man!? Thats crazy. Did you just try calling me a couple hours ago? I had an unknown number come in. Give me a call, there is a huge meet in Atlanta, with over 100+ people converging to meet up this Thursday night. Ill be there man, give me a call again, and Ill answer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nemesis said:
Oh damn that was you man!? Thats crazy. Did you just try calling me a couple hours ago? I had an unknown number come in. Give me a call, there is a huge meet in Atlanta, with over 100+ people converging to meet up this Thursday night. Ill be there man, give me a call again, and Ill answer.
:eek: lol no I didn’t just call you... but I will come to the meet but it wont be in my Car. I dropped off the car so he can start to work on my kit. I can still show up in a cougar but not mine. Damn LITTLE sister when out and bought a car today.... She has been eye balling this cougar for some time. She finally when out and got it today. Pictures posted below. She got a great deal from what I heard but it pissed me off because her rides nicer then mine. Lol Fully load with lots of goodies inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sup man, good luck on everything!

Sux about the bumper damage. I know how it is too about damage, my last coug (V1) i went through 4 freakin rear bumpers and 2 front bumpers before i got a nice one. Set me back so many months of work. I shouldve just let them repair them instead of sending them back so many times, but the cracks were in stressful places. My flares fitted sucky too, so to fix that i had them custom redone to match up better (mine isnt molded on). I payed about a grand ahead of time for everything to be installed on my car so i had a major deal cut out for me for that one bodyshop. I didnt want to mold the kit on for many reasons, including the fact i have bags and slamming it everytime could risk a crack somewhere; and its a black anyways, cant really tell unless you get up close to it.

But again, good luck on everything! You keepin your car that color once you install the kit? Both the Xtreme and Millenium is one of my personal favorites. Agressive, but not so cluttered up and an eyesore of a kit. Keeps the flow of the car.

lil sis's car is nice btw! Cant wait to see yours finished!:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts