New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
hey man these look sweet!! especially the last one for 199.00, so what kind of gains would come from this with a stock exhaust? and would this have a ****ty sound or a good one? what do yall think?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well there are sound clips there..the V6 accord sounds pretty sweet.

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
heck yea it does, ours should sound better than that...but i have a q??? should i replace the piping as well as my muffler?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Think of it as an annuity. According to the site the Honda VTEC 4Cyl got 32mpg with the muffler and 26mpg without. Assuming the gas tank is 10 gallons, and gas costs $1.60... I did the math and it worked out to be $0.0615 per mile (260 miles for $16) without the muffler and $0.05 per mile (320 miles for $16) with it. Assuming you suddenly got a new job and had to drive 60 (the difference in total miles per tank) extra miles a week Youd have to spend $3.85 more a week to get the extra miles without the muffler, for 52 weeks, or one full year in order to have spent the amount it costs for one of these mufflers. thats $3.85 a week saved WITH the muffler if you had to travel an extra 60 miles.

Now assume you travel 40 miles a day to and from work and you DONT get that new job. at 26mpg thats nearly a full week, = 6 and a half days of driving 40 miles each day to travel 260 miles, depleting a full tank.

40 miles a day into 320 miles with the muffler is 8 days of driving before refill. $16 a week is (1 year [365 days] divided into 6.5 day increments, multiplied by $16 in gas) $832 a year in gas without the muffler... and conversly $16 every 8 days with the muffler is $730 a year. That means itll take 2 YEARS ($830 a year at 26mpg, $730 a year at 32mpg, difference of $100, muffler costs $200) to have this pay for itself, if that was your intent. and thats on a 10 gallon tank. It would take even longer with the actual tank capacity, which is probably more like 14 gallons.

little wifts of smoke are coming out of my ears.

Weather or not that sounds good, the HP ratings N/A for motors with less than 6 liters of displacment or without extreme compression ratios were minimal at best. I also didnt really notice any distinguishable oddity or 'neat part' to the way the cars sounded, so, Technically, in my opinion, if i owned a vTec, and assuming the results posted on the Aero website are accurate, its not worth it.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to me that honda sounded like my car when I first got my borla duals installed.

Mike

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
to neil: Ive gone cross-eyed.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Did anyone notice the extremly low dyno numbers of the eclipse, accord and honda vtec? Also the honda vtec has way too much tq...

I have to call :bs:

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
Also the honda vtec has way too much tq...

I have to call :bs:
theres really not enough info on the car to make a judgement, saying 2000 Honda Vtec is kind of broad, there are many variations of this motor.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i'm now a dealer for Aero-Turbine, if you would like to order any of the mufflers i would be HAPPY TO help any Neco members!!

pricing:

2.5in x 4in Rolled Tip (AT2540i) $121.00
2.5in I.O. (AT2525) $120.00

i just placed an order so i will have a couple on hand, i'll post pictures asap!!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ill stick with my magnaflow...

if I sold bunny ears for a car i could get them on 2 guys garage with enough $$

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
This sort of reminds me of the Amazing Tornado Fuel saver! The one that makes your a/f ratio better/more consistent, which will Increase Horsepower, and Increase Gas Mileage!! :bs:

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Originally posted by: Aries
This sort of reminds me of the Amazing Tornado Fuel saver! The one that makes your a/f ratio better/more consistent, which will Increase Horsepower, and Increase Gas Mileage!! :bs:
Word.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Originally posted by: vSpanky

And that's just a muffler? what's the I/O sizes?

Originally posted by: CivcKiller

2.5in x 4in Rolled Tip (AT2540i) $121.00
2.5in I.(input) O.(output) (AT2525) $120.00

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: Tygerr
Originally posted by: Aries
Word.
hey that works. There are some members who could vouch for that. Plus with a 30-day money-back guarantee, it doesn't hurt to try.

Mike

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Was it dyno tested?

Otherwise it's probalbly just like that iat mod that's around here somewhere. People, think, it's making a huge diff, whether it is or not. Though i do remember people doing the iat quite a bit back over at probetalk.com

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they dyno test it on the infomercials...haha

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts