New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an AEM Short Ram Intake and was going to put it in but I heard that in the winter, with an intake, the engine can get too cold or something. Is this just B.S.?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
definatly not .. just try driving it hard during the summer as opposed to the winter and you will notice that it seems like the car has more power in the winter.. why ? cuz the colder the air intake the colder more dense the air .. the less it compresses. and the colder the engine gets . less friction is better and a whole bunch of other reasons. but basically you should be fine with a intake through out winter.. but im sure someone like pgtatx or someone with a lil better engine knowlegde could explain a lil better than i could ..

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
tell me about it. The other morning I was driving to school, it was the first really cold day (I think it was in the 30s), and my car felt so much faster the first 10 minutes I was driving it. :) It's actually better to have an intake installed in the winter than in the summer due to the heat soak. If you have an open-element filter in the summer, forget it, it bogs the car down soooo much. In the winter the AEM is great!

Mike

G

·
I also have an AEM and agree that the cold air help the Cougars. Keep the AEM filter clean... Once you can no longer see the color of the filter, clean it. Otherwise you miss out on some of the power.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
the cold air gives the cougar ridiculous gains. Somebody really needs to make a kind of intake that just bends right after the throttle body and points toward the front grill, and maybe have a scoop there.

Mike

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Originally posted by: 99CouGSweetRide
the cold air gives the cougar ridiculous gains. Somebody really needs to make a kind of intake that just bends right after the throttle body and points toward the front grill, and maybe have a scoop there.

Mike
why? We've got the GMK Intake. It is as cold air as you'll ever get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts