New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adding the Overhead Dummy Lights & Cruise Control ..... can it be done?

Has anyone tried to install the overhead dummy lights in their cougar if their package did not include it? also is it possible to add cruise control? has anyone tried it, as i am interested in adding both if it can be done.

G

·
you mean you bought a bone-stock cougar with no cruise control!?!? you poor thing!!!!!!!!!

um... cruise control can be added fairly simply from what I understand, but well, I have no idea on how to do it.

as for the overhead console, you can order it from the dealer (runs about $175 for the entire piece) and just pull out your originaly overhead console, connect the dome light wires (and sunroof switch if you have a sunroof... but if you've got the bone-stock model, i doubt you'll have to worry about that :tongue:) and screw the new console in place (but realize, the lights won't work cause you dont have 1) the packages installed that the lights support, and 2) the wires that run from those packages to the overhead console)

hope that helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The sensors are in the vehicle. Like you I also wanted the overhead console w/ working auxilary lights. I purchased the overhead console off ebay for $44.00, and when I went to go install it I noticed the harness was not there. A few weeks later I ordered the harness off the same guy I purchased the Overhead consol from. I ended up taking most of the dashboard under the steering wheel apart to find the harness that the overhead console harness plugs into, at 1st I didn't see one but I did keep looking and eventually did find it. I plugged it in and hid the wires in in the head liner and in the driverside pillar. All the lights work except for 2 minor problems, the brake warning indicator stays constantly lit and so does the low washer fluid light indicator, and yes I did fill up my washer fluid reservoir. I am taking a trip my the Mercury dealer to order a new sensor for that, as far as the brake indicator light goes I heard I need special brake pads w/ sensors for those to work.

·
Registered
799 Posts
What are these pieces worth? I am taking mine out because i fibreglassed the stock console and dont need these lights anymore.

G

·
What did the harness look like that was located underneath the steering wheel, and where about was it if you are looking under there?

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
also do you have a part number on that harness? I have the overhead console added but the harness is missing... probably same with the sensors as well... thanks so much

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
no no no, we need a heads-up display installed up there so when we mount weapons, we can properly target things.

i know, no help at all.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Originally posted by: jojolmnop
no no no, we need a heads-up display installed up there so when we mount weapons, we can properly target things.

i know, no help at all.
do you whisper "I am batman" in all the ladies ears when you are on a date?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Originally posted by: Crispy
Originally posted by: jojolmnop

i know, no help at all.
do you whisper "I am batman" in all the ladies ears when you are on a date?
no.... but i might as well be james bondo.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i actually found the cruise control kit on ebay and bought it from there for 30 bux shipped, happened to get lucky on the auction, since been installed and works great, still exploring the option on the overhead dummy lights.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
im confused on what these "overhead dummy lights" are. Are they part of one of the 99/00 packages?

·
Registered
490 Posts
No, they are on all model years. If I had a pic I would show you. They are just the overhead console that has two map lights, sun roof button, and some other lights that will light up if like your washer fluid is low, or when your car needs serviced.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
oh ok. i got those. do you guys mean "dummy" as in they dont work?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i know mine work. the freeze my ass off light has been on

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anyone know if the actual harness to plug everything into is there or not, i have not had time to rip my top out to find the harness or not

1 - 20 of 20 Posts