New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some aftermarket fog lights and am going to purchase the pull out headlight control assembly. What additional wiring do I need to do if any? Please give advice? Also will there be any problems changing out my headlight control with the pull out one for fog lights?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
why dont you wanna use a simple rocker switch?? be a whole easier then pulling out the dash to get that panel off to change the switch...not that a nice mod has to be easy but it is to not make life anymore difficult then needs be..hehehe...most after market fogs/driving lights i have had and put in came with sufficent wire to run pretty much anywhere on the drivers side of the dash...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I am going to take apart my dash anyway to install my new indiglo guages, recovering, LEDs, and so on. I wasnt sure however if enough power is going to that switch to support the fog lights, I dont want to install them and find my headlights just got dimmer because I tapped into the wrong spot. Oh and they have a lenghty wire on them so they can go where ever they need to be.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
the ofgs shouldnt take too much power, and the healight switch should have a 12V power wire, so yu should be perfectly fine tapping into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts