New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done adding a few more LED's to my interior, let me know what you guys think. I will be adding some more over the weekend probably, or next weekend. I'll post again when I get it all done.

I didn't feel like taking the time to make these inline, so you'll just have to click on the links down below.

Z (jason)

PS~I know my dash is dusty, I can't seem to keep it clean, it gets like that after less than a week of driving. :confused:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses you two. I'll take more pics in a week or two when I get done. And sorry you don't like the pics PeDL2DaMeDL:shrug: maybe I'll try to take better ones next time, but it's kinda hard to keep from shaking/shivering when it's 20degrees outside, at least for me it is.

Z (jason)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Originally posted by: PeDL2DaMeDL
those pictures suck
We don't see you posting any pictures of the modifications you've done to your car...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by: PGCougar
those pictures suck
We don't see you posting any pictures of the modifications you've done to your car...
yea, sorry i agree tho. u have been posting very unnecessary things

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
those LEDs above the HU look really nice. they are very well spaced out and all. i need to do someting like that because i have an EQ under my HU that you cant see at all because its too dark. but i think im going to use hot wires instead for a more even glow. but nice work!

where are all the places you put them? its kinda hard to tell in a few pics. and what is th 2nd pic of? i cant really tell where that is on the car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was surprised about how well they were spaced too. I just used the new dremel I got for Christmas to drill holes, and did it all by eye. As for all the places I put them, there are Two in each vent (still working on passenger side vent) including the side defroster vents, Three under the curved dash shroud that add a nice red to the gauges, Nine right above the head unit to light up that area.
I also replaced the drivers/passengers side door switches, the trip computer, the alarm light that flashes, both lights in the traction control anddefroster, and I worked tediously to "scratch/scrape" off the backside of the headlight knob so I could change the lighting of that to red. Headlight knob looks great if you don't get down close and try to examine it. My HVAC's arent there cause I sent them to Crispy to send to Bryan at Intricate Lines a month or so ago.
I have the piece from under the steering wheel, and I also have the glove compartment that I will be working on next. I like to fiddle with things like this, and in the end will be much cheaper than buying neons.

Thanks for all the comments, and I'll take pics some day soon when I get it all done, and if I remember I'll take pics of some of the soldering I've been doing/how it's all been going together. Then maybe somebody could tell me an easier way, cause soldering 9 LED's to 9 Resistors then soldering a wire to all of that wasn't fun....I keep thinking that I could've just used one bigger resistor, but I don't know anything about that, I've just been going on my limited knowledge of one led+1 470ohm resistor=NO pop, crackle, fizz. :)

Z (jason)

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Originally posted by: 2000CUGR
those pictures suck

your one to talk, i've seen the pics of your car. :thumbsdn:

owned :thumbsup:

car looks good Z, but it would be nicer with overall shots... problem with those pictures is that your taking a shot directly at a light... that won't turn out nice :)

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Looks good man:thumbsup:

Two quetions.
What are these pics of:

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
it is.... that looks scary as hell, but major props on the leds, they look good as hell, cant wait to see them in person

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: SouthFLCat
Originally posted by: Pyro81
Looks good man:thumbsup:

Two quetions.
What are these pics of:

appears to be the light in the overhead console if im not mistaken
ahhh, i was wondering that myself. nice job. i tried to do that same thing, but it didnt turn out so well because my LEDs wernt bright enough.

·
Registered
954 Posts
2000CUGR, Kooter...anyone else who wants to ***** about what I post....I said the pictures suck. You can't get the effect that close to the light.

and 2000CUGR suck my **** if you wanna be that ignorant, there's hardly a scratch on my car, every single person's car on this site starts out looking just like mine exactly..i have subtle mods to my car. i didn't down ANYONES car...just the way the pics were taken...

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for all the comments, I will try to take pics from farther away, but I don't know how they'll turn out, we'll see. I'm using a 3.1 megapixel camera but I have to make them smaller in photoshop...I'll see what I can do.

PeDL2DaMeDL-9 times out of 10 I will take all comments, both good and bad, as being constructive critisism, as I did in your first post. But I'm sorry to say that you second post was a little over the top, that's why you have so many *'s in the post. You should tone down what you say, and try to either explain yourself rationally, or at least don't take everything people say on here as a threat to your personal being.

I will take better pics soon, no worries about that.

Z (jason)

EditAnd yes that is my dome light in those pics, I got tired of those little replacement red bulbs burning the red off, so I just busted it open, cleaned all the glass away that I could, and began to play. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but nobody ever see's that, I merely took it down to show what I had done.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by: zybo2004
Thanks guys for all the comments, I will try to take pics from farther away, but I don't know how they'll turn out, we'll see. I'm using a 3.1 megapixel camera but I have to make them smaller in photoshop...I'll see what I can do.

PeDL2DaMeDL-9 times out of 10 I will take all comments, both good and bad, as being constructive critisism, as I did in your first post. But I'm sorry to say that you second post was a little over the top, that's why you have so many *'s in the post. You should tone down what you say, and try to either explain yourself rationally, or at least don't take everything people say on here as a threat to your personal being.

I will take better pics soon, no worries about that.

Z (jason)

EditAnd yes that is my dome light in those pics, I got tired of those little replacement red bulbs burning the red off, so I just busted it open, cleaned all the glass away that I could, and began to play. Not the prettiest thing to look at, but nobody ever see's that, I merely took it down to show what I had done.
I will take that as constructive critisism, thankyou. No offense to anyone about what I posted, I will try to phrase my posts in an altered fashion from this time forth.

It Makes me a tad irritated when someone has to put down somebodies car becuase they gave their opinion on how a picture was taken (what's that about?)

anyways - i do like the lights you installed, i just wanted to see from further away, like ZetecNinja said in the 1st post, so I could get a better idea what the total effects are.

Good job:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
Originally posted by: zybo2004

9 times out of 10 I will take all comments, both good and bad, as being constructive critisism, as I did in your first post

u car sucks, take that :rofl: just kidding

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
2000CUGR, Kooter...anyone else who wants to ***** about what I post....I said the pictures suck. You can't get the effect that close to the light.

and 2000CUGR suck my **** if you wanna be that ignorant, there's hardly a scratch on my car, every single person's car on this site starts out looking just like mine exactly..i have subtle mods to my car. i didn't down ANYONES car...just the way the pics were taken...
:banhim:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts