New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's been asked before, but:

Has anyone Actually built a custom turbo kit for a 2.5L Contour or Cougar? I'm talking done with pics or even seriously planned it out. My genious friend just bought a T3 turbo in hope that I could fab up a kit for him...geez! Anyway, he's looking to make this cheap, so we're talk'n a lot of fabrication. Biggest problem for me is details on routing the up pipes and down pipe and intercooler routing (he wants to use a front mount...ofcourse). Any pics or diagrams would be great.

And please be serious and don't flame if you can help it.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
im actually working on a kit for my car now.......i have a larger garret gt35R tho....

i have the 3.5" piping for my exhaust, i just need to buy the rest of the piping for the maifolds and intercooler/turbo. my roomate and i have already planned out the routes, i just dont have any money :tongue:

when im done here in a few weeks il be taking lots of pics for people who want to do this themselves

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! 3.5" exhaust, you must plan on some serious power. Will you be using a FMIC? If so, can you describe the routing at all?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Blah blah blah. You talk big, Mr. Instigator... :tongue:

3.5" piping is horrendous overkill. I don't care WHAT turbo you're using. (Let's see- 3L engines can only expell gasses at a certain rate, you need a certain amount to spin a turbo that big, but then all that backpressure from spinning a huge turbine chokes the motor, the turbo doesn't spool until like 4k, and by then you break the wheels loose and redline before you know what hit you... etc, etc, etc...) :poke:

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
yeah maybe if your vehicle happened to say CUMMINS DIESEL or POWER STROKE Diesel. 3.5 inch piping is ridiculous otherwise

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
you're going to run bigger exhaust piping than my 351ci something is wrong here
good luck though!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
im stuck with the 3.5" piping from wayyyyyy back when i planned on 25+psi and 600+ whp. i'd prolly need that size piping for that kind of power, correct me if im wrong.

now that i couldnt afford the pauter rods, im sticking with 350 whp, no higher. i need to find 3" piping now :(

i decided to stay at around 350 whp, and save for a supra. its "right" wheel drive, and after riding in one with 830 whp, im addicted, and its my new project car:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.