New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been fightin with trying to get my 2.5 out. The top bolt on th AC decided to round and partially crush. I've tried fitting extractors and lefty drill bits with the radiator removed. No go. Just not enough space.

My question is this:
Is there enough line to get the engine up high enough to reveal the bolt barely out of the engine bay?? Thats my next plan if feasible.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Theres enough you can see it. Not sure if you can get to it that well.
IIRC, you can see it real good if you drop the bumper and radiator

Straight lines make me giggle.

·
Super Moderator
22,049 Posts
can you get a dremel in and cut a groove in it for a flathead screwdriver. or cut the head off completely so you can get at it once the motor is out?

it depends on which line it is, some i wouldnt move, some can

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We're going to try grinding it first I guess. The issue is the angle and space. The radiator is out. I believe the condenser drops right in front of it. I'll have to take a look this weekend. I need to get this project moving :-/

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah the condensor is bolted or riveted ,i cant remember which, to the radiator

Straight lines make me giggle.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
IIRC the condenser is screwed to the radiator support about two thirds of the way up, one on either side, plus the nuts and studs holding the lines on. Those lines should have some give on them, but the one from the compressor to the condenser is only about a foot long, so maybe 6" of movement.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ugh. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
ive only removed the a/c compressor and hung it by some bay wire and had room to pull engine out. but i have headers idk if the cat would get in the way

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Just cut it all out. You dont NEED AC in the bay area do you?

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just cut it all out. You dont NEED AC in the bay area do you?
I've thought REAL hard about it. Now that I'm old I feel like I should be using it. lol.

·
So its begun.....
16,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts