New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ac isnt working now. Ive been checking first to see if it ran and the air wasnt cool, but now i think the thing isnt running at all. If anyone has had this problem let me know. Ive got a couple friends helping me out with it before last resort, Ford devil, i mean dealer. Im not sure if my chip or throttle hang had anything to do with my ac not working, so thats one possibility. Maybe a fuse just blew. Well any help would be great.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
See if this sounds familar:

Everyonce and a while my AC would not blow cold air, it would blow cold air then you could hear and feel the compressor switch off and it would blow warm air. This happened for a short while, and it started happening more and more frequently. After a few weeks the AC just did not blow cold air at all. You could turn the knob to max AC and you would not feel or hear the compressor turn on. So off to the dealer I went.

They said it was some sort of relay that went bad, and there have been a LOT of '99 Cougar owners who had this same problem. They replaced it and it has not given me a problem for almost a year now.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I've had mine decide not to work a couple of times, I mean not at all, the compressor wasn't even coming on. Then next time I start the car, it works fine. I haven't done anything about it, because it works 98% of the time. One time it didn't work, and I switched to defrost, it was working, then I would switch back to a/c and be fine. Gremlins I tell ya.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fett- my brother and i went out today to look at my ac problem, and he used some gadget to check the relays, this was before i read your reply, and he said everything came out ok. I might check it again. Did they tell you specifics, cause we tested the relay fuse and the electronics in the fuse box itself? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.