New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife's 00 cougars brakes are locking up over a short distance.the abs light is on and there's been all calipers replaced except driver front. I bled the brakes and it is still locking up afterr driving for a short distance. Can I just do a abs delete? I'd rather not being as its my wife's..lol thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,749 Posts
How does the E-brake feel? Is this a manual or automatic? Any OBDII codes? Have you tried to figure out which wheel(s) are sticking?

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
My first suspect in a case like this would be the soft lines. The insides break down, and become like arteries in need of bypass surgery; the fluid can't travel freely through them. You press the pedal, the caliper squeezes, then when you release, the fluid can't get out so the brakes don't release.

Soft lines are cheap and easy to replace; it's where I would start.

Reactions: Bborden03

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My first suspect in a case like this would be the soft lines. The insides break down, and become like arteries in need of bypass surgery; the fluid can't travel freely through them. You press the pedal, the caliper squeezes, then when you release, the fluid can't get out so the brakes don't release.

Soft lines are cheap and easy to replace; it's where I would start.
Will do. With the abs light on. Need to locate a scan tool for the abs. See what it says as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts