New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i just buy 194 led bulbs i have them in my side markers so can i just put them in my dash why do i need resistors for ??? don't the bulbs from crappy tire have them on them already ??? what kinda bulbs are the turn signal & the fog light bulb in the dash? & do you think blue back lighting & the green lcd will go together?
please post pics if you got them

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
uh, yeah dude, they should just plug right up with no problems. yeah, just be sure to lubricate the connections with 10w-40 motor oil before you plug them in. oh and blue backlighting with green lcds will look hot!!!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Dash lights as in what?
headlight knob? ATX shifter plate? Gauges? What are you refering to?

Inorder to get the headlight switch to glow what ever color you want, you will need to sand down the green which is described in the LED swap tutorial ... i'm sure you could put a different bulb and it would work.

if your an ATX, you could swap out the bulb in the shifter plate, that will work as well.

If your talking about the gauges to be honest i don't know, i was actually going to research this soon as try to mod it as well.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by: ginuwine
can i just buy 194 led bulbs i have them in my side markers so can i just put them in my dash why do i need resistors for ??? don't the bulbs from crappy tire have them on them already ??? what kinda bulbs are the turn signal & the fog light bulb in the dash? & do you think blue back lighting & the green lcd will go together?
please post pics if you got them
is that english, and no you can't use 194 bulbs in your dash

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have looked & cant seem to find if the bulbs i have will work or not i don't wanna do the resistor thing if i can buy them already done oh & Darkhorse145 thanks for the help
:disgust:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by: ginuwine
i have looked & cant seem to find if the bulbs i have will work or not i don't wanna do the resistor thing if i can buy them already done oh & Darkhorse145 thanks for the help
:disgust:

No Problem man. I just changed the color of my whole gauge cluster LCD screen and all, it was simple, I didn't use any resistors I used the stock bulbs, and followed the how to on changing the LCD screen, and I followed somethign I read a while back on removing the green on the gauges and just covered the numbers on the cluster with the same tape that I used on the LCD it turned out ok. It will hold me over till, I buy my gauge overlay. All of the colors on the dash are colored plastic except for the speed, RPM's, temp, and gas gauges, these you can remove the colors from. The rest of the lights that light up on the gauge cluster have an actual color piece of plastic that i couldn't find a way to take the color off of.

Hope this helps, but if you are doing LED's in your gauge cluster then you will need to do resistors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.