New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I have a battery question. I am trying to take off my battery tie down to paint it. However, on the bolt of the tie down closest to the air filter box, there is a black plastic thing holding a black rubber hose. Does anyone know how this comes off? I tried just pulling on it, but I can't get it. Does it screw off? It doesn't look like there is enough room between it and the sir box to turn it though to unscrew it. I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I remember reading about some sort of breath tube or overflow tube for the ATX transmission. Suspposedly only people w/ ATX have that tube and if you block it you could hurt your transmission. Dunno the validity of that statement but who knows.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: caenus
I remember reading about some sort of breath tube or overflow tube for the ATX transmission. Suspposedly only people w/ ATX have that tube and if you block it you could hurt your transmission. Dunno the validity of that statement but who knows.
Yeah... it's a breather tube, but last I checked, if any fluid comes out of it, the tranny has already seen better days, so I'm thinking that it isn't really that important (more of a peace of mind that isn't)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.