New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because there will be a 99 cougar with that paint scheme on it. :)

Please see previous posts as to how to increase HP without changing the looks of the motor.

I got a wrecked cougar and I'm turning it into a race car.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just the paint scheme. Im not to worried about the stickers, right now i have no sponsors.

and if you want to have fun or are bored you can utlilize those colors in whatever scheme you want. the only thing that isn't changeable is the number design and number being used.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
For those royally confused, the car in the link was the Winston Cup car driven by Jerry Nadeau and co-owned by Bill Elliott and Dan Marino during the 1998 season. Because of the Marino affiliation, the car was painted in Miami Dolphins colors and used Marino's #13.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those royally confused, the car in the link was the Winston Cup car driven by Jerry Nadeau and co-owned by Bill Elliott and Dan Marino during the 1998 season. Because of the Marino affiliation, the car was painted in Miami Dolphins colors and used Marino's #13.
:) I just thought everybody knew that... I may however be the only marino stalker int he forums. LOL

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

This is horrific. Think of it as if you rattled canned the car without masking anything first... my first try at something like this is Gimp.

EDIT- the black lines are to keep color seperated, help wasn't installed to show me how to mask things off...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey I like it.. I mean i know about what it will look like. Thanks alot. when I get it real painted I'll post pics.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
want me to give it a try?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sure. and like I said if you guys wanna play around with the designs thats cool too. the only thing I've already decided on with no way to change my mind is the three colors and the number is going to be exactly like it is on the first plus car. the pattern for the paint is where I want something 1)unique 2)easy to paint on a car 3)easy to touch up after races with bumping and stuff.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
so its 1am and im tired, its not the best that i can do but here you go...

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I think that will actually look good if done right. I would somewhat "tweak" the way the swoops and stuff are so they flow better on a Cougar (i.e. the part across the top of the hood, actually make it flow with our hood and swoop around).

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow nice drawing for 1am. I love the glossy look... And yeah I agree bobby, I want the whit on the whole roof, more for temp issues than design but it would look better. and the orange stripe will go around the whole bottom, not just the front fender, looks like the painter "forgot" to finish his stripe. I have until march to have it painted and ready to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts