New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive been planning on buying a lotus exige, i found a 2007, with the 1.8 toyota DOHC 16V supercharger, used, excellent condition..

i plan on buying one in my late 20's.. heres the add. its only 29 grand

2007 Lotus Exige S low mileage For Sale - DragTimes.com

tell me your opinon please, NECO seems to know eveything bout cars.. thanks!
-Bryan :biggrin:

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
what exactly do you want to know? you say you plan on buying one in your late 20's, how old are you now? Your post is rather confusing

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im 18, i plan on getting one later, what do you guys think og the car overall? as in just the car.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
in that case. don't even worry about it. a lot will change in 10 years

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well do you like the lotus company? they run good for a toyota 1.8l.. i want it for looks and speed really..

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
well do you like the lotus company? they run good for a toyota 1.8l.. i want it for looks and speed really..
well. it's a toyota engine. it's reliable, and the weight of the car makes it quick with great handling. I'd love to have one. Most people on here want cars for their looks and speed. haha

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well..... at least for the looks anyways.... :ugh:
yeah mostly looks, if you have enough time and money ofcourse, you can make it a lil bit faster, say a 13 second quarter mile.. not an 11 but close lol :rofl:

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
If I were you I'd look at a regular Elise to speed up your process. They go for low 20's right now. Just work hard and save if it's something that you really want;)

Lotus is awesome btw....../thread, lol.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I were you I'd look at a regular Elise to speed up your process. They go for low 20's right now. Just work hard and save if it's something that you really want;)

Hey great responce, thanks, i can always count on you subie owners :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts

Magic is a smart man, listen to him.

On the note of an elise ro exige, they are so sexy, I would love to get my hands on one someday. I just don't see a baby seat fitting that well into one though.

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
****, that would be the coolest kid in school:rofl: But a cheap 4 door beater would be a good alternative.
That is why I drive things like a 96 A4, so I can save the money from payments for a nice (paid in full) toy like an elise in a few years.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
That is why I drive things like a 96 A4, so I can save the money from payments for a nice (paid in full) toy like an elise in a few years.

I'm saving for a toy now since the wrx is paid off. I've been looking at the elise. Found an orange one with 40k miles for 24:drool: The wife wants a cobra 1st and I promised her one, since I've modded the hell out of my subie. She said it's her turn for some power:rofl:

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
I've thought about an Elise from time to time; seems pretty achievable to me, and I know I'd have a blast with it. Not entirely certain about the Toyota power, but whatever. I could get used to it.

But if I DID get one, I would have to race the bejeezus out of it every weekend. I'd get an SCCA membership and blow every weekend of the summer on a track. It would be a crime to not drive it, or to just use it to commute. It's like buying a $5000 show dog and tying it out back on a chain; it's inhuman.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
But if I DID get one, I would have to race the bejeezus out of it every weekend. I'd get an SCCA membership and blow every weekend of the summer on a track. It would be a crime to not drive it, or to just use it to commute. It's like buying a $5000 show dog and tying it out back on a chain; it's inhuman.

Abso-freakin-lutely:biggrin:

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Since I bought the Triumph for my wife (even though she can't drive a stick well enough to drive it yet) and have never had a payment on teh A4 and had the cougar paid off for years (only payment on her explorer) she can't complain too much when I buy a real toy for myself here in the next few years. Her only request is that until we adebt free completely (house, student loans and her car) we only own two cars at a time each.

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts

Early Federal Elises are stil in the high 20s for the most part. The few I have seen sell below 25k were either people needing to dump the car for quick cash or cars that had been crashed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts