New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
it took me til 5am to read all 70 pages before I finally crashed... the thread is growing by the minute... I can't wait to find out the outcome.. I would assume that there should be a resolution soon.. I can't imagine these many voices going unheard.

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
can you give us a summary for those who can't read Crispy? :biggrin:

j/k... well, maybe if something really important happend.

but from what i saw, the guy won the auction fair and square... and the dealership said "uh...no, the car is worth more that what your WINNING bid was... we sold it to someone else" (but the car is still on their lot)

that totally sucks ass... i hope he sues them, and gets his Evo, and maybe a little extra...
me personally... i would use that 'extra cash' and send a small amount to all the car forums that are helping him out in getting this resolved, seems like a good group of people supporting him :)

*ahh the internet... tis a wonderful thing!* :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I didn't realize there were 75 pages until I got to page 53.

you figure...if everyone who read that thread send that dude a doller, he'd be set to buy it for at LEAST $40,000 lol

I think hesgot a good case, but the fact he has yet to comment is a bit skeptical. I'm going to keep checking to see if he gets a reply.

I think that link was growing a page an hour :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Originally posted by: 8BaLL
Got past 3 sentences and stopped..
No way im reading all that
Didnt know you could read :shrug: :rofl:

As for the result, you guys who have already done the reading keep us posted. I'll leave this thread since it is quite informative to to auto-buying world.

·
Registered
904 Posts
8ball probably stopped reading as i did because by page 3 because we used our super
powers of observation to discern this guy is a whiny *****!

I didn't get my EVO :cry:

My suggestion fro this guy is to act like a man and start looking for a new car.
What will probably happen is this guy is going to find himself in a lawsuit he most definitely won't
be able to afford(from slandering the dealerships name).
So the dealership won't sell him the car, B F D!!!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Just as a FYI, the guy is a idiot because I can buy a new EVO on discount because I work for a large corp (sort of like a x-plan for Ford) and that price with every option is 26.5K, so this Mr. Jones would still make money because I'm sure they aren't giving them away to someone like me who just happens to work for a large corp that gets some of these discounts. Man just sell the thing to guy for the 26K and take your $500-800 profit and be done with it, its going to end up costing him a lot more then what he made if he did in fact sell it to a broker for $32k. I hate buying new cars! I have never had one good experience! Looking at some new ones and dealing with sales jerks I get worked up all the time now, I think I stay private party used from now on.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I feel the guy who won the auction is totally justified in being upset. He rightfully entered into the contract set forth by ebay -- in which the dealership also agreed to .. and since they realized after the auction ended that they would be out alot of money (due to the custom work done), they are trying to screw the guy.

If any of you were in the same position im sure you would be pissed as well.

Spacedog -- if you feel the post is pointless dont participate in it and move on.

[email protected]

G

·
FYI for Kinger, that only workx if you do Factory order, e.g. you have to wait for car to be built and shipped....btw, the EVO 8 as sold on EBAY, has some x-tras which were not off factor, IIRC...

From Mitsu's website...:
’s Affiliate Vendor New Vehicle Purchase Program (the Partners program). In this site, you will be able to gather important information on all of Mitsubishi’s vehicles, including the brand new 2003 Outlander. You will find all the specifications, photos, pricing information, plus the Rules and the required down-loadable Eligibility Certificate to make your purchase easier.

The order forecast and production "lead time" is typically 60-90 days plus physical intransit time from the plant. As a result, factory orders for Affiliate/Vendor employees will require a minimum of 8-12 weeks of processing time from order placement to delivery to a dealership.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Originally posted by: Miez
FYI for Kinger, that only workx if you do Factory order, e.g. you have to wait for car to be built and shipped....btw, the EVO 8 as sold on EBAY, has some x-tras which were not off factor, IIRC...

From Mitsu's website...:
’s Affiliate Vendor New Vehicle Purchase Program (the Partners program). In this site, you will be able to gather important information on all of Mitsubishi’s vehicles, including the brand new 2003 Outlander. You will find all the specifications, photos, pricing information, plus the Rules and the required down-loadable Eligibility Certificate to make your purchase easier.

The order forecast and production "lead time" is typically 60-90 days plus physical intransit time from the plant. As a result, factory orders for Affiliate/Vendor employees will require a minimum of 8-12 weeks of processing time from order placement to delivery to a dealership.
Yeah I guess the point was that Mitsu must be making money to sell it at that price so that dealer would probably still be making money. I guess I didn't look at what extras the car had. Either way I hope the guy wins and take a lot more then just the car from the dealer!

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
i read some of the opriginal post, then realized that there were now 105 pages, so i stopped reading and said, eh, he has enough support.

G

·
Originally posted by: spacedog73
8ball probably stopped reading as i did because by page 3 because we used our super
powers of observation to discern this guy is a whiny *****!

I didn't get my EVO :cry:

My suggestion fro this guy is to act like a man and start looking for a new car.
What will probably happen is this guy is going to find himself in a lawsuit he most definitely won't
be able to afford(from slandering the dealerships name).
So the dealership won't sell him the car, B F D!!!
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

1. He won the auction. That means he won the car. The car should be his. Instead, the dealership makes up a BS story about an outside bidder who was willing to pay X amount of dollars for the car. The VIN number comes up with the car still being for sale. So not only did they refuse to sell him the car that he won, but they lied to him about the reason for not selling it. BS
2. I don't know what your definition of acting like a man is, but my definition would be to stand up for what you believe is right. Which is exactly what he's doing.
3. The dealership can't sue him for slander. Slander is when you spread false information about a person or company. The exact definition being:

slan·der ( P ) Pronunciation Key (slndr)
n.
1. Law. Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone

Since none of the things this MarkD guy has said are false, it's kind of hard to sue him for saying false things about them, now isn't it?

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
the guy didn't lose any money did he? what's the big deal. Move on, there'll be other ones...

Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.