New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says... Could a Cougar modded with intake, exhaust, and supercharger (all being medium performance parts) beat a modded Tiburon with intake exhaust, and supercharger (all being medium performance parts also) if they had the same exact skilled drivers driving? Both are 2000's and both MTX.

**Note that the Coug would be a 2.5 duratec.**

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
If the tiburon was an 2003, Hands down the Tiburon would win.... I have both cars and can assure you the tiburon will jump the cougar immediately...

However on a 2000, I think they only offered I4 motors so the cougar should win... Plus there is no superchargers for that model tibby, or any you can buy new for the cougar

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
heh, a supercharger isn't exactly a "medium performance mod" :tongue:
but hey, if they BOTH have it, i'd go with the car with less weight (i.e. no audio system, etc...)

Originally posted by: ProjectCougar

However on a 2000, I think they only offered I4 motors so the cougar should win... Plus there is no superchargers for that model tibby, or any you can buy new for the cougar
oh! **** right... he said 2000 tib...... ok well, there ya go, its a redundant race cause there were no superchargers for it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have raced a 2000 tiburon and beat it by about 1 car length we were both automatics and both only had exhaust. I have also raced my friends moms 2003 Tiburon GT-V6 just for fun one night and I got beat by about 4-5 car lengths.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've smoked tibby's before.....oh wait that was in my EVO.....ok nevermind, i bring nothing to this conversation except a plug for my EVO....it sucks having one of the fastest street cars on the market....sometimes you want to lose or at least have a challenge.. :(

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stomped the **** out of a slightly modded 6 speed tiburon. I have the vid to prove it, if my friend with the tiburon will ever get back to me. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
George, I would love to see that vid. Did you spray because my friend beat me pretty bad in his moms car which is completely stock.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I sprayed with a 55 that night. Ive been running on a 55 for a while, until I get tuned. He used to beat me pretty bad also, but it was like a mirror image that night.

Im trying my hardest to get that vid

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
Yeah, I sprayed with a 55 that night. Ive been running on a 55 for a while, until I get tuned. He used to beat me pretty bad also, but it was like a mirror image that night.

Im trying my hardest to get that vid
I need nitrous.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I beat an auto 2003 tib with my car :confused:

I kept up to the same car in my 1988 2.6L Regal aswell.....mind you she was tryingto use the autostick and mis shifted

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I haven't seem to have had any problems putting football fields against one :evil:

LOL but cougar vs tibby. . .hmmmm slow race. But hopefully the domestic can pull it off.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL but cougar vs tibby. . .hmmmm slow race. But hopefully the domestic can pull it off.

its like watching senior citizens run a 100m dash.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry to Say I have a 2002 Cougar v6 5 speed my bud has a 2003 GTV6 TIB 6 speed. He is a pretty good driver, I have a custom built 2 12" sub enclosure, gutted airbox that is it. He has an Injen intake and borla exaust. I was in the head to head race via street was about a front fenders ahead of him at the end. On the track he ran a 15.83 I ran a 15.58. I do like the the design of the Tib but it is a asian car, i believe keep America moving buy american. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts