New Cougar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
AndyMan said:
the coolant light. That comes on sometimes, but it goes away when ever i turn the car off and on again. Does that happen alot?
youre a newbie aintcha. do a search on "coolant light" and read and read and read away.

·
5,237 Posts
I have heard that there is a "cruise control engeged" lamp in another of the "NOT USED" spots. Very rare...
Cruise light is in the 01+ model years. :) Didn't have one in my 99, do have one in my 01. But my Coug has been stuck in the garage since Thanksgiving, so I don't remember which spot it's in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
jezport said:
The 2 Not used spaces are Fog lights( so you know if its the front or rear ones on) and side lights.
North American Cougars don't have the rear fogs.

There isn't a sidelight light there. On Euro Cougars the unused spot below the [front] foglights is for rear foglights. The one above [front] foglights isn't used on ours either.

Also, we have (!) instead of BRAKE too. All European cars do.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Dave Z said:
North American Cougars don't have the rear fogs.

There isn't a sidelight light there. On Euro Cougars the unused spot below the [front] foglights is for rear foglights. The one above [front] foglights isn't used on ours either.

Also, we have (!) instead of BRAKE too. All European cars do.
sorry to be out of topic, but can you take some pics of the rear fogs? i've never seen 'em :biggrin:

·
Registered
73 Posts
nullxposur said:
sorry to be out of topic, but can you take some pics of the rear fogs? i've never seen 'em :biggrin:
It's nothing special. Also, i can't because i have the US tail lights and loom on my Cougar. The dual-filament bulb in the tail light light chamber (the outside bulge) acts as tail light/turn signal on the US loom. On Euro Cougars it's tail light/rear fog. When we turn our rear fogs on, it'd look the same as your turn signal lighting up constantly.

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Dave Z said:
It's nothing special. Also, i can't because i have the US tail lights and loom on my Cougar. The dual-filament bulb in the tail light light chamber (the outside bulge) acts as tail light/turn signal on the US loom. On Euro Cougars it's tail light/rear fog. When we turn our rear fogs on, it'd look the same as your turn signal lighting up constantly.
More off-topicness, but do they turn on with the regular fog light switch or is it something else?

·
Registered
73 Posts
skater said:
More off-topicness, but do they turn on with the regular fog light switch or is it something else?
Yes, they use the regular foglight switch, but ours are a little different. You pull the switch 1 click for front fogs and pull it a further click for rear fogs (in addition to the fronts, that is).

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The turn to the left is the small parking lights in the headlights, right?

·
Registered
73 Posts
skater said:
The turn to the left is the small parking lights in the headlights, right?
Yes. It lights up the front sidelights (as we call them) and the tail lights. It doesn't illuminate the dash/interior and there is no chime if you open the door. The first symbol to the right is the sidelights. That lights up the same lights as the parking lights, but also the dash/interior.

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey, everyone - I put in a better picture of the cluster. That's Tigg's hand if anyone is curious. :)

Thanks to Dave Z for the information on the European cluster!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
anyone know how to get rid of the service light?

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Per the FAQ thread at the top of this forum:

The yellow “Wrench” light - This little light that pops up around every 4,700 miles. I could be wrong. But its nothing major. It simply reminds you that your due for service. To reset this light hold (on your black circle trip computer) “units” and “select” put your car in the "on" position and hold these buttons for 5 seconds. You should hear a beep and the light will shut off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks this really helps me out so much. So I own a 2002 2.0l vct manual. this 'check engine' light (weird no words, only pictures) just came :eek: on the other day when i was doing my daily ruiteen at the package store:) . I thought it would just go off if i shut my car off and turned it back on, but to no-availl:disgust: . I havn't brought it to my mechanic yet. I'm thinking its prolly just a miss fire in a cilinder, or maybe the abs had a small air pocket? any guesses on what it might be from, or has this happened to any of you:bowdown: ..just woould like to kno the cause as soon as possible, kinda worried its my only good car.
I'll give you the true diag on tuesday after i bring it to the mechanic. :rofl:

~pass n' peace/ Bmurf:biggrin:

these faces are addiction. i should gointo detox

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.