New Cougar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A guide to the lights... (Updated cluster picture)

Thought this might be helpful. Henry, please consider stickying this. Thanks!

(Here is the original cluster image if anyone wants to see it.)

Note - the image above is from a 1999/2000 Cougar. I'm told that the 2001/2002 models have a Cruise Control light in the fifth spot from the left (where the "parking sidelights" indicator is). It looks like a speedometer with a needle.

Here is a picture of the left LCD, during self-test mode so you can see what the automatic transaxle warning indicator looks like:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Nice. One of the not used ones on the dash is for day time running lights! (I dont have them, i just know! LOL)

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Where the hell was this thread 8 months ago when I had misc. lights illuminated on my Cougar, and I thought it was gonna blow up?

Very good illustration, I second the "sticky" motion! This will help a lot of people fairly new to the Cougar, and those who no longer have the owners manuals for reference.

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by: JaxCougar
Great idea though. Arent they all in the manual too though?
Yes, but people still ask about them frequently... Some people don't get manuals when they buy the car used.

--RJ

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
All Cougar Manuals Here!(From Ford Themselves)

Manuals

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
LOL Good job, all the lights go on when you put the key in the on position!

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look out, it's gonna blow! :rofl:

·
Registered
301 Posts
what do the 00-02 cougs have in place of the break pad wear and exterior light out?

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by: benjaminallen84
what do the 00-02 cougs have in place of the break pad wear and exterior light out?
Nothing. There's just more room at the ends of the row.

·
Registered
301 Posts
wonder why they them out the exterior light out has helped me out before

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by: j99coug
my 99 doesnt have the seat belt light:(

anyone care to explain this?
Bulb burned out seems most likely...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
in mine it has a ( ! ) sign for the E brake thats why I posted it doesnt say BRAKE :banghead:

·
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by: topjoe
in mine it has a ( ! ) sign for the E brake thats why I posted it doesnt say BRAKE :banghead:
Really? That's interesting. It's probably a Canadian thing, because of the lack of room for the French word for "BRAKE". It's in the same place, though, right?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I have a strange one, mine is a 99 Canadian Cougar w/ DRL and traction control. I've never seen a DRL light (as was mentioned above), but I've seen that TC light come on and off when the tires slip (I generally get in and turn off TC right away, sometimes I forget, tho). I also have the brake light lit up right now in the upper console (it just looks like a brake rotor with caliper) -- since I no longer have brake sensors on the Baer kit.

E1

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.