no 2003 cougar?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
why they are canceling? so many reasons this will take sooooooooo long

just a few,

1. the company is ford
2. the cougar isn't selling that well
3. they are closing the plant and are going to be switching it to the mustang manufactureing plant (i think)
4. no need for it, they have there sports car (mustang) and a cheap sport compact (focus) no room for a middle car

i'm sure people here have a billion other reasons

·
Registered
635 Posts
they planned on a 4-5 year (max) production run before the first Cougar was built.....mainly because the car it is based on (Contour/Mondeno) has been replaced

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's a long shot but, do you think the Cougar resale value will go up after production is stopped? Since there would be a limited number and not making anymore, wouldn't they be worth more?

Andy

·
Registered
795 Posts
The Flat Rock plant is switching to production of the Mustang ... they even told us so last year at CougarFest.... they even had a mustnag model on the floor of the plant

the cougar is not selling well ... they have not done good/proper promotion and have decided that cheap crappy cars are the way to go ...

G

·
No, the resale value of the cougar will actually go DOWN because it's out of production. Why? Out of production cars don't have parts made for them any more, so getting a broken Cougar fixed will begin to cost more and more. So no one will want to buy them.

G

·
Resale Value....what resale value!!!!!

It has no (or little to no) value NOW, unfortunately!!!! I hate to think about it!!!!! If you don't want to ruin your day....don't go looking up the resale value of your Cougar anytime soon!!!

Cassy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.