New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out cruising the other night, despite the cosmetic injury my Coug sustained last week at the hands of a Chevy heavy-duty pickup. Was out at some street races, didn't plan on racing, just watching others waste gas. This guy starts going around asking people "Hey, who's got the Cougar over there?" I tell him its mine, and he starts talkin crap like there's no tomorrow. He goes on and on about me pulling up at him a couple weeks ago at a light, that my car sucks, and this and that. I ask him what he's driving. He points to this old school 81 Caddy. He wants to race for $20. I told him I never race for money, but I'll still run him for fun if he wants.

So we line up, and I hear him revving his V8 (probably a 305 or something), thinking he's bad. Hands drop and we go. I pulled about half a car on launch, then the IMRC's opened and I was gone. By the end (about a 1/4 mile), I had him by about 3 cars. So we cruised back up to the top of the road where everyone starts. I pull up to him and just simply say "Its a little quicker than you thought, huh?" So he asks me "What all you got in that thing?". When I tell him its all stock, he goes "Bull-f***ing-sh*t, a**hole!" I offer to pop the hood, and he suddenly backs off. He finally says "I really thought those were slower than that". He left a couple minutes later, probably embarrased because of all the trash he talked, only to get walked by my "grandma car".

So then this guy in a N/A Z31 300ZX pulls up and asks how much I beat the Caddy by. When I told him, he offers to run me in his car. So we pull up, and I beat him by about 2 cars. He also tells me about how "surprised" he was at how quick my Coug was. He was pretty cool about it though, we talked some more about his car.

BTW, before the "OMG, $tr33t [email protected]!!!!", we were racing on a 2 lane road in the middle of a desert, and had a 1/4 mile marked off so speeds never got too out of hand. Well, the turbo'd 350Z got moving pretty quickly, but that was about it. I was in the mid 80 mph range at the end, so I can't wait to get out to the track and see what this Coug will run at a track. All in all, I had fun. I love when people talk all that trash, then get their asses handed to them when you race them. Oh well. Short-ram goes on tomorrow!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Short ram will make quite a diff. I don't understand the hatred people have towards these cars, it was the same w/ my probe. They're both disregarded by many people. Makes me mad.

Anyway, why the hell do people w/ old v8's always think they're the [censored]? Most of em are just giant paperweight turds. The 300zx i'm not surprised by, what year was it? I beat a '88 300zx n/a in my auto by quite a bit, but I'm pretty sure the newer ones are quicker. Nice kill though.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
So this guy in a 81 CADDY said your cougar was a grandma car? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
About a month ago I ran my friend Tracy who has a n/a 300zx atx. She had a rebuilt tranny, dual intakes, lowered, rims, exhaust, and pullies. I ran her in my 99 atx (fairly heavily modded).

I walked her by almost 4 car lengths.

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
OMG $TR33T R4(3RZZZZ!!!

Dude, you guys could've gotten into an accident and killed an innocent desert tortoise or snake or saguaro or something.

:cover:

Nice kill. Tell him Grandma needs a lift back to the retirement home once he's done racing her Caddy.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: NorCalCoug
OMG $TR33T R4(3RZZZZ!!!

Dude, you guys could've gotten into an accident and killed an innocent desert tortoise or snake or saguaro or something.

:cover:

Nice kill. Tell him Grandma needs a lift back to the retirement home once he's done racing her Caddy.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I damn near choked on my ice cube when I read that! (Some of you guys were hoping, I know...)

Yeah this short-ram is insane. Its not so much how much power it adds, but how loud it is. The power gain is just a little, but its loud as piss. Even during normal driving, if a ricer hears it, they start acting all crazy, tryin to think their cool or something. Its absolutly amazing to see the dumbness go loose.

Oh, with the short-ram I raced a Z32 300ZX (90-98 model). Don't know if it was N/A or turbo'd, though. It looked very clean and well kept. On launch, I pulled a bumper. We stayed neck and neck, all the way to the top end of 3rd gear, where he pulled about half a car before I lifted off. I've beaten N/A's of that same model by a lot before, maybe this was a stock turbo'd version?

Oh, and I'm taking it to the track this weekend, we'll see what I am able to run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.