New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it humanly possible!?!?!? seriously is it? i sooooo want a clutch. i want a mtx cougar.. but sadly i have atx and when i raced a tiburon today i baaarley won because it was a automatic too..

1.21 jiggawatts?!? GREAT SCOTT!

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
don't street race (assuming that's where you found the tib), do a atx-mtx swap if you want a mtx or find a different car & if interested in transmission info, you might want to post in the transmission section instead of the 2.5 section.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually i wasnt a street race lol.. but thanks for the advice :biggrin:

and yeah but how much does a atx-mtx swap cost??!

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
is it humanly possible!?!?!? seriously is it? i sooooo want a clutch. i want a mtx cougar.. but sadly i have atx and when i raced a tiburon today i baaarley won because it was a automatic too..

1.21 jiggawatts?!? GREAT SCOTT!
Bwahahahahahahahahaha :rofl:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
actually i wasnt a street race lol.. but thanks for the advice :biggrin:

and yeah but how much does a atx-mtx swap cost??!
more than what you could afford trust me it isnt cheap

·
Banned
5,851 Posts
It costs around a grand or more just for the parts to do the swap. Not including paying someone to do the work. Your better off selling your car and buying a MTX.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
more than what you could afford trust me it isnt cheap
haha thanks i know i could count on you to tell me if i can afford it or not, because you would know haha :rofl:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It costs around a grand or more just for the parts to do the swap. Not including paying someone to do the work. Your better off selling your car and buying a MTX.
Thanks for the info man :thumbsup:

G

·
don't street race (assuming that's where you found the tib)
Thank you mother goose.

Anyways, buy an MTX and trade your ATX in. Cougars are so cheap nowadays they are almost disposable. Seriously, sell it locally and pick another one up. Doing a swap of any fashion is costly.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts

·
Administrator
11,595 Posts
Anyways, buy an MTX and trade your ATX in. Cougars are so cheap nowadays they are almost disposable. Seriously, sell it locally and pick another one up. Doing a swap of any fashion is costly.
Unless you REALLY love your color. :)

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Or total your existing Cougar and use the insurance monies to buy the same exact thing except with an MTX.

Seriously though, look in the transmission section of these boards for all the information you could possibly want. This topic has been beaten to death.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Cougars are slow whether you have a manual or auto.

Dont spend the cash just to be dissapointed.
Oh, cue the haters again. WHAT IS THE DEAL HERE LATELY!?!?!

Don't be a troll, grant. I'll run your Mustang; we'll see who's slow.

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Oh, cue the haters again. WHAT IS THE DEAL HERE LATELY!?!?!

Don't be a troll, grant. I'll run your Mustang; we'll see who's slow.
he's not being a troll, just truthful. the fastest car listed on here ran a 13.8 with 100 shot of nitrous and svt parts. lol. think about it.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
if anyone bought this car as a dragstrip car, they are either to dumb to know what they were getting or disillusioned on what a drag car is. A 6 cyl, and especially one with an ATX is not a fast car. the car has alot going for it, but 'fast' isn't it. people who have moved on to other cars that might be faster (but don't seem to move on from neco) find it obnoxiously entertaining to continually point out that the car is not the fastest out there. no ****ing ****. but even after 10 years, it's still one of the better looking compact sports cars sub $20k new.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
he's not being a troll, just truthful. the fastest car listed on here ran a 13.8 with 100 shot of nitrous and svt parts. lol. think about it.
But coming from a guy in a V6 Mustang (and a Hyundai, for that matter...), and ON A COUGAR FORUM, it's ridiculous. Somebody gets rid of a Cougar and gets something else, and turns into a hater. Happens every time, and it's tired.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts