New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy in his firebird was following my home the other night and wanted to race me. He had a V8 Auto and couldnt even peel out. Any whoot just wondering if this guy would be a waste of time for the WRX or actually a challenge :shrug:

·
Registered
74 Posts
If it's an STi, I'd say waste of time. An Auto Firebird... Are you sure it was a v8? Only firebird/trans am's I could think of (newer) that could give a challenge would be the ws-6's and possibly the firehawk edition.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Firebirds are normally v6's..... I say go for it.

Tonight I was keeping up with an LT1 Camaro

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i spanked a z28 camaro and got beat by another....so who knows....coulda been

one i got beat by was cammed, headers-back exhaust, chipped, etc.....and it was only by a nose.....this was before i got a few things done to my car so it'd be a diff story now....

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Could be a good race, do you know if he has anything done? A few weeks ago i lost to an automatic late 90's Formula Firebird that runs high 12's/low 13's at the track.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I can promis you, the v8 firebird isn't slow. The formulas are pretty fast. The firehawks are even faster! Also, i am sure he could peel out if he wanted to! It is a rear wheel drive that has very little weight in the back. I had a 95 v6 firebird that was stock, and i could burn the tires whenever i wanted to. Not sure How the v8 would perform up against the wrx though. I bet it would be close.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
What year is the bird? If a 98 - 02 Trans AM /formula, sure. . .run him. You'll be in for a treat.

I had a 1999 Trans AM, fully loaded, automatic. . .yea she was slow :evil:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
If you're a stock Rex, I wouldn't waste my time if I were easily pissed off by losing.

Rexes consistently lose freeway battles with the HybriTour. :) I don't think it could beat a 98-02 TA/Formula though. So I doubt the Rex could. Not without a PHENOMENAL launch.

Run him for fun, screw it. ;)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Na in our club one of the guys with a WRX, not sure what mods he had but was far from stock, ran a 2000 Trans AM with bolt ons and got his doors blown off from a roll. Said up until 80 he was right there with the TA, but after than the TA just pulled strong.

From a dig, probably the WRX due to AWD :) I've seen some really nice times out of the WRX at the tracks due to that, and awesome 60'

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
hmmm.. looks like that eclipse wasnt even racing. besides the 16G turbo is just a sport turbo for that car and doesnt produce large amounts of boost. better than stock though...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.