New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the A/C is on the engine hesitates every like 30-45 sec. Its like the engine has a loss of power for a sec. then it comes back.
Again it only does it when the A/C is on and I'm going down the freeway at 75-80 MPH, I don't notice it in town.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Not a problem- This is the normal cycling on/off of the A/C compressor. The compressor will only engage until the evaporator reaches a certain temperature- Then the system will cycle off to prevent the thing from actually freezing over.

B

·
0 Posts
Haha, I posted about the same exact thing a while back. I've only had my Cougar since the end of November, 2003, so I wasn't used to it being so noticeable, but on this car, it is. Apparently, it's normal. :shrug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had my Cougar since the end of October 2003, here in October its just about cold already, so it wasn't tell last week I needed to turn the A/C on. Boy it was a big difference coming from a car that wasn't as noticeable. But I'll get use to it, now that I know its normal with cougars, I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars trying to get it fixed!

S

·
0 Posts
ya know what boys try by passing the whole compressor itself you will be quite suprised. scrap the AC and drop the whole assem. it weighs a good 60 lbs, and even when it is off it will suck up a good 5-6 HP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with ZEXCougar I'd much rather give up 1/10 of a second, then have to sit in a car at 200 degrees or more in the summer.
And it would suck having to drive done the freeway with my windows down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I've just noticed that the same hesitation that I get when my A/C is on, the same thing happens when I have my front defroster on.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
When your defroster (front) is on, your a/c is on also. It helps to clear the windshield. So you would still feel the a/c compressor cycling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay Cool, I kinda thought that was the case, But thought I ask you guys. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts