New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys,
When i hit the brakes the car wants to immediately veer to the left, but the wheel turns slightly to the right, right away to correct it. wthout me touching anything. if i hold the wheel though, the car will just veer to the left. I narrowed it down the right front control arm bushings being totally shot. they are kind of shredded even. I hit a huge pothole in kentucky when i was down there and it started happening right after that. I dont have the spare money to buy the whole lower left lca, which is a two bolt lca btw. I looked all over and found that everyone wants to sell the whole right lca assembly, not the bushings. finally i found this link, does this seem legit and does it seem like the right part to you guys?

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com

Thanks a ton,
Lance
------------------
99 Merc Cougar V6 2.5L // magnaflow exhaust // HW headlamps // Dark Tourmaline Green // rear spoiler
------------------

·
Administrator
24,346 Posts
Well... yeah; but there are TWO of those on each control arm. Can't you buy a whole new control arm from BAT for like $55?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Isn't it about the same price to get the lca's with bushings versus pressing new ones in to your old arms? Plus you also get new ball joints with a new lca. Its really not worth the hassle of trying to replace just the bushings IMO...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had to replace mine a couple months ago, and I ordered those exact bushings you linked to...they looked right, but were actually too small. I ended up returning them and just getting new LCA's from BAT.

British American Transfer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a ton guys. A go back to college on monday and will order it from rock auto, looks too good to be true but if it works for you then ti will work for me. I only need to do the right front one. cannot beat $38. thanks again. cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts