New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up evryone, new here. Ive been looking around for a ram air intake, and i think i want to go with the aem from creativeconcepts.com. they say they have the 99 intake, but everywhere else I look all i see is the intake for 00-02. I know its the same engine, but i wonde if there were any changes??? IF anyone has experience in this matter let me know. I have the 2.5 v6. I dont know why it wouldnt work, but for $159 i want to make sure before i buy it. Thanks

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
They are all the same.

Dont do a short ram though... get a cold air extension. Once the engine bay heats up your performance will drop like a rock.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The differences between the 99 and the 00-02, is that the 00-02 have the SVT LIM and returnless fuel setup. Where as the 99 has the return style, and stock LIM. However, as far as the intake setup..should be the same...I don't think their is a difference in how the intake should fit..unless designed a little differently.

·
Registered
301 Posts
theyre the same despite the year. id just buy a cheap bomz off ebay and then get a gmk extension.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: InnovaZero
The differences between the 99 and the 00-02, is that the 00-02 have the SVT LIM and returnless fuel setup. Where as the 99 has the return style, and stock LIM. However, as far as the intake setup..should be the same...I don't think their is a difference in how the intake should fit..unless designed a little differently.
That's not entirely true. All 99's aren't return style. Anything built after 5/99 has the returnless style with the larger bore LIM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx evryone, i think im going to go with the cheap one and the cold air extension. How hard are they to install? i heard it was had as hell.. had to move the battery and the fusebox and everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.