New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wondering if the following will fit. i was cruisin through cougarimage tonight and found two pictures that are bothering me. the first one...
is from grandmasterkhan. this is a 99 model. that body kit is for 02, do later model body kits fit older models?? i always thought this was a year specific problem?

the other problem is this picture from lilfeisty...
this is a 99 as well. the dash peice that goes over the hvac controls and the steering wheel is a peice i thought came off of later model cougars as well. i assume all dash's fit all model years?? could someone help me out

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
just lookin at that pic again, yea, thats an 01-02 bumper, so it makes sense that the kit fits it. i knew there was something throwing me off when i looked at the front end with the 99-00 headlights and the 01-02 bumper. case closed on that one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
On that second pic is that a carbon fiber dash kit. It looks sweet anyone got anymore pics of this.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
For some reason, that pic of GMKs car looks like it has a 99-00 left hand headlight, but the right hand headlight is smooth. The right side is a 01-02 painted black. I believe they are Euro heads that he has now. But its just weird.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Those come in all 01-02 Cougars. Search a junkyard, and you should get them cheap.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
AAK!! the old picturesss!! lol I have 2 Aussie headlight now..

for a week or so I only had 1 Aussie headlight which I picked up new for $135...the drivers side was nationally backordered.

But anyways

i do have 2002 bumpers front and rear with the 2002 wings west kit and 99 sides.

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
yeah your right. The carbon fiber does not contour exactly to the lower section of the dash.

Keep in mind nearly ALL 02 parts will fit on a 99 cougar without modifcation. that includes all interior peices and bumpers.

the only exception is 02 headlights (the rear cover is too large and must either be removed or you must widen the stock headlight housing)

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by: GrandMasterKhan
yeah your right. The carbon fiber does not contour exactly to the lower section of the dash.

Keep in mind nearly ALL 02 parts will fit on a 99 cougar without modifcation. that includes all interior peices and bumpers.

the only exception is 02 headlights (the rear cover is too large and must either be removed or you must widen the stock headlight housing)
thats exactly what i wanted to know. thanks man. by the way your car now and then are both sweet as hell. i would kill for those rims. im interested in getting an oem carbon fibre hood. do they all have that problem or..? what?

hey don, what does iirc stand for?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
do what have all what problem? lol

the oem cf hood is pretty hot. Its not to expenisve either. Its made by Aerogear.

iirc = if i remember correctly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts