New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone connected the pioneer xm radio receiver to the stock radio with the fm modulator hookup? it seems the plug to my antenna wire that plugs into my stock head unit does not fit into my fm modulator thing that came with the poineer. likewise, the plug on the fm modulator from pioneer does not fit into my stock head unit. any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Sounds like you need two antenna adapters... easy enough, right. The one going into the Antenna from the XM should be the same as the Volkswagon, but the one from the XM to the head I'm unsure of. I guess since it's a stock head it's going to be the same volkswagon adaptor going in, but coming from a standard antenna plug. Hopefully Circuit or Best Buy would have these. If not, try Crutchfield. Granted, they'll charge you $5 for shipping, but no tax, so it won't be as bad.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yup. Got mine at Best Buy for 8 bucks. Circuit City has them too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude your door is open and you need washer fluid.... Just kidding, at least the two right lights on the '02's are for those reasons.....

That's awesome..... Is that the antenna for the radio behind your rear view mirror??? Do you have a sun roof??? I would have thought it impossible to add anything to this area.... I played with one of those radios in the store and I have been drooling over them since..... I figure I'll just buy the satellite radio and regular radio combination somewhere in the future when they make them a little more appealing.....

The idea of COMMERCIAL FREE music without disk jockey jabber is what has me hooked.... Plus you can go anywhere and still hear your favorite station.... In about five years when they get over the advertising problems plaguing internet music, we'll be able to hear our favorite local station anywhere in the country or perhaps the world....

Because the station needs advertising money to stay alive, they have to have sponsors... Once they went to internet music, the stations wanted the sponsors to pay more for national advertising/coverage, which they wouldn't so many of them yanked their "on air" service from their web sites.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts