New Cougar Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Keeping it clean will go a long way... lower it - low profile 18" or 19". There are still body kits out there- that starts getting pricey esp if you do it right and then get a paint job.

I got 3 of 5 up and running now, most fun is the Black 3.0 with the 3 pedals SVT intake and throttle, lowered, Torsen LSD, aluminum Flywheel. Nice sound system... Still working on it - cant decide about the front end. Here's a picture.

The other 2 are 35th anniversary editions with low miles and then there's this one on the trailer I haven't decided what to do with yet- it needs a lot of love.

for performance $ $ $ $ and more $ here is a link to a super charger and a couple of different turbos.... Nautilus Performance Group (NPG) - Performance

I think everything you ever wanted to know is in this forum... just sit back and check it out it will take awhile. This is all free- change the thread display option to "Beginning" then search this entire forum many many ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Still around -read all the time but I don't post very often.
Oh Yes, that's in the Black one in the picture. I misspoke-- was remembering it as a Torsen, but you're right, that's the one I got on the Group purchase and it is was the MFactory. I have had good luck with it - one of my favorite spots is the "roundabout" close to my house - goes out to a road with a long straight in the country. The LSD allows me to go in at about 35 mph and when I come out I'm at about 50 You can really feel it pull sometimes I'm even spinnin' tires but the LSD does it's thing and they always grab and pull it through. I'm hopping to get out to the SCCA Autocross this summer there's one just about 10 miles from my house. I know that I'll be in with the turbos and the big guys but what the heck. I've been watching the Cougar "racers" on the forum. I really need to make the time. Wish I was closer to B3NN3TT or andreyyyk but this Forum is the next best thing. thanks for your comment. Did you get one of these MFactory units also?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't put those in yet... Was it your post that showed ... hmm I can remember. thought it said their uncle or someone else welded it up for them? There was an job with pictures. Was that your project? That was an awesome job... I need to search for that again. Sweat welding job. I'm just using the cheap A** concentric circle adjusters...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Interesting. Im not a custom fab person really, so anything that requires welding I cant do. So if alls I had to was cut and bolt in camber plates...hmmmm. Thatd be cool.

All I have is a blown stock strut/eibach combo up front, and bag over struts on the back. Im thinking im gonna get coilovers in the front, and bags over spax on the rear.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Oh! How are those koni strut supports doing with the camber plates? It worked out okay?
I re-read your post and maybe you were talking about these little top mods I made to strengthen the Koni's. They seem to be holding out okay, but they have really yet to be put to the test to see if they can hold out at the track. Picture6.jpg Picture3.jpg

here is pretty much the complete front suspension I put in... these are the SVT 12" rotors with the Mazda 3 calipers.

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
Nah, the strut towers are domed too much to use those without chopping out the tops and welding in flat plates to bolt on to. PRT is the only real solution.

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
I wouldn't put a space-saver spare on the front axle regardless; that's a sure way to put a hurt on your transaxle.

The chassis is stiff enough that you can lift both wheels on a side at once, and make sure you have a good regular-sized wheel-tire on that front axle. Always put that space-saver spare on a non-driven axle.

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
psht ive gotten all 4 wheels off the ground noobs. wait, that was putting it in a ditch. carry on. :rofl:

41 - 58 of 58 Posts