New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 99 Cougar with the sports package on it. It looks decent and performs decent as it is, but what could I do to make it turn more heads?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i youre just looking to improve the looks theres not a whole lot anymore that wont cost you an arm and a leg. if you want to turn heads on how it performs springs, a rstb and a sway bar go a looooooooong way
Would an engine swap help and if I wanted to add a turbo, where would I look?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes, Yes, and the internet.

Straight lines make me giggle.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The 3.0 section would tell you most of that. Not much else fits without custom fab work to the car

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
I assumed since you said "turn heads" that you just wanted it to look nice.

You didn't specify if you had 2 pedals or 3. If you only have 2, just stick with the "looking nice" part.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Quaife is a good starting point. Fidanza flywheel while its apart. Intake and exhaust. Lower it some and steer clear of the psycho wings they sell on ebay unless you put a body kit on it that it looks good with. Other then that clean the crap out of it. Make all the trim black again and you should be good for a bit.

·
Administrator
24,224 Posts
I tell you, I've been driving my stock 99 for a couple of months now, and the thing I miss most of all is the snappy throttle response I had gotten so used to from the SVT setup. It's pretty remarkable.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts